Story with Photos

ronanphilip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Had to do a small assignment for photography class. Tell a story with 5 to 6 photos. Here is what two of us came up with. c&c welcome, take it easy remember were only beginers :lol:

3058624629_7cac70cfdc.jpg

3059456326_8b9951c021.jpg

3058603457_3af7053b4d.jpg

3058576157_5172c53170.jpg

3058559255_a6e75a1de0.jpg

3058551657_6347e29f28.jpg

where's the blood?

where's the blood?
i LOVE the combination of this phrase and your avatar.

back to topic, it doesn't do it for me. the photos are p&s looking and the story rather poor, imo.
my 2c...

Mm, might be me .. but i don't get the story. Of course, that might be exactly what you're after. Or, I'm pretty daft. Any will do.

As far the pictures are concerned, a bit to p&s for my liking but i can see you do have a sense for framing and composition (i.e. not all full body shots showing the action, but alternating between overall and close-up .. and use of angles).

So .. potential .. and keep it up!

Maybe it's just my weird sense of humor, but I cracked up. :D
yea prob should have put it in the just for fun section :lol:

and the story rather poor, imo.
was the first thing poped into my head, had a lot of stuff to do in other subjects so we were under pressure hence the story:lol:

was all put together in a bit of a hurry, thanks for comments everyone especially Hyra for the bit of encouragement

seriously, this one could be better, to me story telling in pic is like reading a comic book in a way. if you notice all 5 pic you used props except pic 6. thats why " where's the blood " that could've finish it up.

PS. spaceman Iam no vampire but i like blood pudding lol..

seriously, this one could be better, to me story telling in pic is like reading a comic book in a way. if you notice all 5 pic you used props except pic 6. thats why " where's the blood " that could've finish it up.

PS. spaceman Iam no vampire but i like blood pudding lol..

if i was to take these again what would you do to improve them?

I could be wrong, but I think working on the lighting would improve these photos a lot.

As for ideas, I got the story so it's not hard to follow.

if i was to take these again what would you do to improve them?

this is just a suggestion ok, i am not saying, the existing picture are not good, it just needs a tad of finising touches and direction to me at least.

UNDER PRESSURE!
pic #1. you can add a few books to your props.
pic #2. add somebody ( with a facial expression but dont over do it) with her holding paperworks ( anything will do ) or explanning something. those crumpled paper, its distracting.
pic #3. again, it like food with out taste. props, few paper, books, coffe mug, take out food ( pizza what ever ) and wall clock that say's 3 am or some thing, its up to you. oh, one more thing she should be talking on the phone if you want.
pic #4. this one is fine, but the text say's use the other door, you might consider replacing it with OUT FOR LUNCH.. lol
pic #5 i like your intention but there is no movement, i mean if you look closely, her hair are all pointing straight down same with her jacket ( unpi the jacket), you can use a fan to blow out her hair to fake falling down.
pic #5. the ending. her position to me is to stage and to neat!
AGAIN, WHERE'S THE BLOOD!!!!!! AND IF YOU CAN USE SELECTIVE COLORING USE IT FOR THE BLOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

PS; WATCH A HORROR MOVE OR SUSPENCE.
HOPE THIS HELPS..

this is just a suggestion ok, i am not saying, the existing picture are not good, it just needs a tad of finising touches and direction to me at least.

UNDER PRESSURE!
pic #1. you can add a few books to your props.
pic #2. add somebody ( with a facial expression but dont over do it) with her holding paperworks ( anything will do ) or explanning something. those crumpled paper, its distracting.
pic #3. again, it like food with out taste. props, few paper, books, coffe mug, take out food ( pizza what ever ) and wall clock that say's 3 am or some thing, its up to you. oh, one more thing she should be talking on the phone if you want.
pic #4. this one is fine, but the text say's use the other door, you might consider replacing it with OUT FOR LUNCH.. lol
pic #5 i like your intention but there is no movement, i mean if you look closely, her hair are all pointing straight down same with her jacket ( unpi the jacket), you can use a fan to blow out her hair to fake falling down.
pic #5. the ending. her position to me is to stage and to neat!
AGAIN, WHERE'S THE BLOOD!!!!!! AND IF YOU CAN USE SELECTIVE COLORING USE IT FOR THE BLOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

PS; WATCH A HORROR MOVE OR SUSPENCE.
HOPE THIS HELPS..

thanks

yea some of your suggestions make sense, i will consider them in future some i wouldnt fully agree with.

going by your avater and some of your comments id say your a bit of a horror fan, im not, didnt want it to look like a horror movie click :lol:

didnt have much time to get props together was done in a bit of a hurry but also didnt want to clutter up the shots, and wanted to leave somethings to peoples imagination

defo not enough time to sort out a fan:lol:.

thanks synnove aswell, will defo have to work on lighting :thumbup:

Last edited:
It seems like quite a leap (excuse the pun) to go from frustrated because school to suicide without more leading up to it.

The only one that looks P&S are the second and fourth ones. Seriously - whats the matter with some of you?

The biggest problem is kind of a lack of "emotion" - which is difficult if this person isn't an actor (or willing to get into it) and that this situation is staged.

Also, there is a "sameness" to the quality of the shoots. They are all very slick, and seem to be rocking the same camera settings. Get creative here, maybe do some Google Image Search for the emotions you are trying to convey in each of the shots, and work from there for inspiration as to how to "set up" the scene; for example, if you are trying to convey the sense of frustration, how about stacked books to either side of the person, the books framing their face, maybe scattered papers in the process of falling to the floor, with scribbled out text on the rejected pages?

I also get the desire for B&W, but color might enhance the story, even if its an after effect added in afterwards.

I guess if you went to talk to the counselor and knocked on the wrong door, that might lead to not getting the info you need for your paper :D

Most reactions

Back