IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

IMG_7513.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?????

great series Cindy! love the colors in 1,2 & 5. you caught some awesome texture in the wagon wheel! you've really created a storybook feel too!

good to see you!

JonMikal said:
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?????

great series Cindy! love the colors in 1,2 & 5. you caught some awesome texture in the wagon wheel! you've really created a storybook feel too!

good to see you!

Hi Jon!
Sorry, I've had this really crazed schedule! I've been shooting a ton, but not necessarily good stuff. I've been having an identity crisis, photographically speaking, for a while. Fortunately for me, I was invited to Day One Foundation Workshop, and they set my butt straight. The message was to quit trying to emulate people I admired and get back to doing my own 'thang.
Anyway, the workshop was held at Storybook Ranch. Such a cool place. The instuctors were Pulitzer prize winners David Leeson and Cheryl Diaz Meyer, as well as Photojournalism/Wedding Photog rockstars such as Huy Nguyen, Cliff Mautner, Linda Wallace, Craig Strong, and Amy Deputy. What a killer conference and everyone was fantastic.
Anyhoo, once I started my own photography business, I started to really stress out. I lost the fun in it. I started worrying to much about what "real" wedding photogs would think, what "brides" really wanted, and just really lost touch with what little style I had developed instinctually. I tried to copy others and was doing a progressively more lousy job as time went by. I just couldn't figure out why my photos were getting worse instead of better.
I'm so glad I went to this conference. It was a wake up call I badly needed......so look out for new stuff! It might still suck, but at least it will be my vision. :lmao:
I missed you guys, and promise to pop in more!!!!
Hugs!
Cindy

Wow....so cool to see a post from you.
This is a great series. Hope to see more stuff Cindy.

Great series, love the colours and textures, looks like a great place well captured :thumbup:

I like all of these, best of all the first, of the church, with its vivid colours, the second for the overview it gives us, the one of the wagon wheel because it is so wonderfully crisp and shows the texture of the wood so well, and then .... that jail! THAT JAIL! I mean, that looks like SUCH a safekeep for the bad guys! But so much so... :lol: --- very nice!

Thank you guys (and ladies) so much! It was really fun doing these. I just kept thinking what a killer portrait location it would make!:lmao:

That's where the conference was being held. I just really liked the light coming through the window and all the red and straight lines..... Had I to do it over again, I think I would have moved to the left just a tad.

Is it me, or does that last one look soft. It didn't seem like that when I uploaded it, but I could be all wet.

elsaspet said:
Huy Nguyen, Cliff Mautner, Linda Wallace, Craig Strong, and Amy Deputy.
It's great that you got a chance to spend time with them!! :thumbsup:

I like #1 and #6 especially, that old wheel is superb :)
I smiled at the name of the place - not far from where I live there is a Storybook Glen :D

'fraid to say so but the last really is a bit soft...
Doesn't make the entire series any LESS fun to look at.
And I agree about the "portrait place" !!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back