Straight up stupid thread.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
As I sink deeper into theater I question two dimensional art. As I work with actors and incredible sets I see that film is pointless in capturing moments that are truly three dimensional. As photographers do we consider that live is a thousand times more brilliant then film. Is that not the reason why landscapes and sunsets fail? I think that film can capture a moment and make it more dramatic through close ups etc.

So from that perspective painting is a waste of time too?
Photography, like all Art forms, is just another way of looking at things.
I could make the argument that Photography is much better than Theatre because Photography deals with real life whilst Theatre is just actors pretending ;)

and I could argue that painting/drawing is better than photography. Some would say that part of what makes something art is the process which goes into its creation, and I would say there's more satisfaction from the artist when he finishes a wonderful drawing or painting, than when a shot turns out well.

That being said, I like photography a lot better than drawing :p

Marctwo said:
...and I could argue that it's more rewarding to cook a good meal.

Oh, and if you make something with lots of beans you can "enjoy" the meal and its... repercussions... for a long time after it's finished. :p

'Art of Noise' were (and are, because they are still going) actually musicians, Trevor Horn played bass if I remember correctly. I think he formed the band after leaving Bruce Woolley and the Camera Club... et voila! Back on topic :mrgreen:

Hertz van Rental said:
'Art of Noise' were (and are, because they are still going) actually musicians...
They may well be line dancers too - but it's their engineering and production skills that made them key on all the Art of Noise material I've heard. Just as Gorge Martin is better known as a producer than a pianist. ;)

Anne Dudley used to arrange the music for Frankie Goes To Holliwood (produced, I believe, by Trevor Horn) before co-founding the Art of Noise. Later she won an Oscar for her soundtrack to The Full Monty.
Trivia rules :lol:

Funny you should say that.
I was in a pub somewhere a few years back with my sister and a couple of friends.
Turned out it was the Regional Quarter Finals of the National Pub Quiz.
One of the teams hadn't turned up so they needed a fourth or face cancelling.
We said we'd have a bash just for a laugh (the way you would).
We won by 30 points :lol:

We got disqualified on a technicality - we 'forgot' to pay the entry fee.
Well we assumed that the other team had paid it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back