Strange comments on flickr?

JAFO28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got what I thought was a really strange comment on a photo on my flickr page,"f2.8 lens to take an f/10 photo? Strange but nice fence." I just thought it was odd and was wondering if anyone else gets similar comments on their flickr? Heres the photo he was commenting on if you were wondering.

4217017369_3bab6431d5_o.jpg

Sounds like someone has no clue what they're talking about.

Apparently you have to shoot wide open 100% of the time, huh? :lol:

Side note: Horizon is crooked, otherwise I love the shot and processing on it... although I'm not sure how I feel about the fence leading me to the middle of the frame and the sun being so far to the left.

Last edited:
Just noticed the horizon. I thought I had fixed that in lightroom, well that gives me something else to do this morning.
I think maybe this person doesn't know what they're talking about, but to put a comment like that out there,first kinda bugged me, now is just making me laugh.:lol:

I like the photo, colors composition,,,
fence provides a nice line
ok, straighten the horizon , otherwise great
as for the flickr comment - so what?

comment sounds like someone who doesnt understand lenses.

I like the shot the way it is although the fence is at an unusually sharp angle to end in the middle of the frame. But I like the shot a lot.

I guess that what you get when you post an image on a public site such as flickr...any and everyone is able to post up a comment.

I'm thinking like others that they assume a 2.8 lens should only be shot at 2.8, which shows that they dont really understand DOF and how, if you want a deeper DOF, you need to shoot at a smaller aperture.

Most reactions

Back