Strange gift from an African man.

Sounds slightly racist to me.

Certainly 'not an elephant in the room".

You don't want to read my opinion of Oscar Pistorius.

You don't want to read my opinion of Oscar Pistorius.

I normally don't condone mocking people with handicaps but...in this case I can make an exception.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am always afraid someone will break into my home and barricade themselves in my bathroom :oops:

Someone at the airport probably stole it.

As far as the whole gift thing goes, he probably expected you to haggle with him. In many cultures, a gift will be offered, but you are expected to refuse it, or insist on paying. They will then insist that it's really free. You insist that you must pay, etc... That will go back and forth for a while till eventually they "cave in" and accept payment. I think it's something to do with not wanting to appear greedy or something...

I know exactly what happened!
They take something like drugs or diamonds, and they stash them in the "item" back in Africa, and send them off.
Then one of the "crew" talk with you and found out you were from the USA, and give you an "Item" as a gift! Using a micro dot tracker in the "item" so they know were it is, them they have a person in the US waiting. They break into your house the first night you are home and steal it!
But don't worry I'm sure they won't come back!!!;)
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back