Strange magenta spots

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone explains to me why there are magenta spots on the beams from the top and a man's shirt and pants on the left?

IMG_9595.jpg

I'll assume because you're asking the question that there was no coloured spotlight in the room; if that's the case then my first guess would be a partially corrupt card.

If these are lighting effects, these are don't look normal. I don't see on my other photographs. Look like a bunch of blobbed lightspots.

If these are lighting effects, these are don't look normal. I don't see on my other photographs. Look like a bunch of blobbed lightspots.
The way they follow the folds on the mans pant leg, it has to be from light in the room somewhere, rather than a camera or memory card issue.

Perhaps it's light reflected temporarily from something like a mylar balloon, disco ball, or any number of other shiny objects in the room.

It appears to stand out because it looks like saturation is cranked pretty high, and the magenta went flying up into eye-bleed land.

That was my first thought too, but then I looked more closely at the pillar next to the woman in the red shirt. The pattern doesn't make sense, at least to me. Also, look at the chap in the blue shirt on the other side of 'The Lady in Red'... I can't see anywhere that purple on his face could have come from, and if you look at the spots on the beams, there must be at least two different light sources, at [roughly] 90 degrees to each other.

Here's
That was my first thought too, but then I looked more closely at the pillar next to the woman in the red shirt. The pattern doesn't make sense, at least to me. Also, look at the chap in the blue shirt on the other side of 'The Lady in Red'... I can't see anywhere that purple on his face could have come from, and if you look at the spots on the beams, there must be at least two different light sources, at [roughly] 90 degrees to each other.
Here's the real question: WGAF?

Here's
Here's the real question: WGAF?
Probably not going to make any real difference to the world at large, but I always find questions like that interesting....

bright lights from behind the camera going into the eyepiece
then bouncing onto the sensor?

The way they follow the folds on the mans pant leg, it has to be from light in the room somewhere, rather than a camera or memory card issue.

Perhaps it's light reflected temporarily from something like a mylar balloon, disco ball, or any number of other shiny objects in the room.

It appears to stand out because it looks like saturation is cranked pretty high, and the magenta went flying up into eye-bleed land.

I guess you are right. I was playing around with colors. For some reason the magenta was cranked too high.

IMG_9595.jpg

That's definitely a reflection of flash off of one of the Blues in the room and yes the color will be transferred

Most reactions

New Topics

Back