Stranger hands me his Nikon!

I've had my a camera stolen before, and even though it wasn't a professional one it was VERY valuable to me because it was the only camera I had and I paid $500 for it. I was DEVESTATED!!! I seriously don't know how people do that to other people! I literally had an anxiety attack and was crying for hours. That's one reason why I'm afraid to buy a REALLY expensive camera!

i had that feeling the other day... i was at the ritz camera store at the mall of america (only reason i mention that is that its huge, lots of places to run away to) anyway, i asked to see the sony a700 (1400 dollars camera for those of you not familiar) so the sales man puts a lens on it (now its a 1500 dollar camera) and hands it to me to play with. I kept thinking to myself how easy it would be to just take off with it. I'd never do it of course, but the salesmen put a lot of trust in their customers when they hand something over like that. The store was probably 20 feet long, and as i said, the mall of america is enormous with lots of places to just hide without being found by security. On top of that, the employees of ritz all stand behind glass display cases so they cant just grab you... anyway, i know how you felt OP, but i'd never leave my camera with someone while i went to the bathroom unless i knew them personally i think.

Most reactions

Back