Strap Alternatives

Setup and Tips » BlackRapid.com Watch the video. I use their RS-5 strap and even with my 70-200 on my D90 I can walk around for hours with no strain on my shoulders and it does not touch my neck.

After watching the videos - I would never buy that.

Using that would mean never using a tripod. My quick release plates have a ring on them that I could attach my strap (Domke Gripper) to if I wanted. I can't figure out why I would want my camera to always be hanging upside down though.

And wow, "all the components that come with it". A strap that has 2 videos showing you how to use it, and 2 more that show you tips on how to use it better is not a strap that I would want to use.

Sorry. I know a lot of people love it, but come on - it's a strap. How complicated do you have to make it?

I use the Mzungu strap. Works great: It keeps the weight off your neck and it doesn't connect to the tripod mount. Plus the camera doesn't hang upside down like with the R-Strap. I can carry my D80 w/grip and attached 80-200 f/2.8 without issues. The carabiner allows you to quickly unhook it if you want to work on a tripod. Although there's plenty of slack so you probably don't even have to unhook it.

Looks great, and at a good price :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back