ssnxp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, another gear-help question!

I'm currently using the neck strap that came bundled with my Canon 50D. It isn't a bad strap, but it's far too short to sling over "messenger bag" style.

I would like to be able to have it strapped over my left shoulder/neck and have it crossed over my chest to my right hip. The Canon strap is way too short for that.

I've done some shopping around and I've found a few straps I really like, but they don't look long enough! Any recommendations? Also, I've seen the R-Strap but I don't know about it.. any experiences with it?

Thanks!

Here are a few of my favorites:
Crumpler Industry Disgrace ID02A Crumpler The Industry Disgrace Strap, Black, 19.7" x 2.5"
HighKey straps HighKey - All Straps

This strap tends to get a lot of get reviews. Check it out
I was going to get it but recently I haven't been using a strap but I may still end up picking it up.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks TJ! I'm reading some of the reviews and a lot of people are saying that it's too short to be worn comfortably across the chest, unless they use the extenders.. Hmmm. I'll keep reading, I can't seem to find specific lengths for it.

No problem! They're pretty cool, and certainly very comfortable.

I have a couple of the RS-2 Black-Rapids. :thumbup: :thumbup:

One of them gets used daily.

How bulky are the Black Rapids compared to 'normal' straps? That's about the only thing keeping me from getting one right now.

How bulky are the Black Rapids compared to 'normal' straps? That's about the only thing keeping me from getting one right now.
I wouldn't say it's bulky at all. The actual strap part of my RS-4 is just normal nylon strapping, 1" wide. The shoulder pad is similar to a backpack strap or other messenger bag strap, I'd say. I measured it just now - the padded part is about 2.75" wide, 13" long, and about .5 - .75" thick with the padding in it. Shoot me a PM or email and I could probably get some pics of it next to something as reference if you want. Hope that helps.

I love my OpTech ... extremely comfortable. The Canon strap was not.

+1 on the Black Rapid. I love it. Light and easy to use. Very high quality.

Looks like I'll be getting a R-strap! If anyone notices a deal while browsing around, feel free to post it here!

Edit: Oh man, I don't know anymore; I've been reading up on reviews and some people claim that the R-strap is more trouble than it's worth!

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be getting a R-strap! If anyone notices a deal while browsing around, feel free to post it here!

Edit: Oh man, I don't know anymore; I've been reading up on reviews and some people claim that the R-strap is more trouble than it's worth!
In what way?

In what way?

I've read reports that the screw that goes into the tripod mount can get loose once in a while. That's scary! Also that the shoulder strap would slide around, but I've seen a video with the "proper technique" to keep the strap in place.

Most reactions

Back