Stratton PPOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say you are a professional but you don't act like one, not by a mile.

Im not asking anyone to keep coming back to this thread. If you want the last word like a baby go ahead. Again

robbins, lew, runnah you have 30 days to shoot a pro sporting event. please submit your images. taking pictures of dogs, birds, animals, landscapes - boring. get hired by a team, company, website etc... and compete your work on the same day as others.

if you choose not to then your actions have spoken.

Im not asking anyone to keep coming back to this thread. If you want the last word like a baby go ahead. Again

robbins, lew, runnah you have 30 days to shoot a pro sporting event. please submit your images. taking pictures of dogs, birds, animals, landscapes - boring. get hired by a team, company, website etc... and compete your work on the same day as others.

So it's a dick measuring contest you are after?

Ok well I was just down in DC for work where I shot photos & video, edited the video, wrote the copy and published it to the local news, company websites and social media, this all happened in less than two days.
I frequently coordinate large scale media events in which I also am solely responsible for the photo and video coverage. This week I am flying to Connecticut to do an event shoot and portrait session, Thursday I have to go shoot a building interior for brochure and web distribution.

With all that said I would NEVER speak the way you do to my clients, peers, and fellow media professionals. There is more to professional business than taking photos.

I'm in Ct can I tag along?

Well as amusing as such an adolescent challenge might be, there are a few issues in this at least for me. First and foremost the area of Nebraska I live in really doesn't have a professional sports team to speak of, and we don't really host a whole lot of professional sporting events this time of year. So that in and of itself might prove a pretty difficult obstacle to overcome. The second problem being of course, I'm not a professional photographer. I have a day job, one that I rather like and intend to keep. So going out and attempting to start my own photography business by getting hired by a team, website, etc to take pictures really holds no interest for me whatsoever. I have zero desire to become a professional photographer. For me it's an enjoyable hobby and that is how it will remain.

The last portion of this being of course that even if I were to go out and shoot such an event, what exactly would I be attempting to "prove" by accepting this rather silly challenge? I post my images and, let me guess, you get to decide if they are worthy? Hmm.. Not really seeing much of a point here to be honest with you.

I am glad that apparently you decided to appoint yourself the grand inquisitor of all things photographic, that apparently only you get to decide what is and is not a worthy subject for a photograph. That one makes me laugh considering how you've been pretty much whining and launching in to personal attacks from the start of this thread anytime anyone says anything about your photography that isn't basically gushing with love and praise.

I guess it must be nice to be able to apply one rigid standard to the rest of us when it comes to your "work" and what is acceptable commentary and completely ignore that standard yourself and allowing yourself to lambast other peoples work in a way that would cause you to blow a gasket if it were someone doing the same thing to you.

I never spoke a word about your "work", still haven't despite your incredibly childish behaviour. I think if you'll take the time to look you'll find it is very rare that I do give any manner of C&C whatsoever, and in a case like this I wouldn't now because it is pretty unlikely I could give you an unbiased opinion after you've spent all this time acting like a 2 year old on a tear. But I find it rather funny to note that you've leveled a ton of snark towards my "work" - really with no justification for it whatsoever since I've never spoken an ill word about your own. You are in fact completely guilty of everything you have decryed everyone else her for doing, even more so since you posted your work here which implied you were asking for C&C when the stuff of mine you chose to comment on was not posted here at all.

I'll be interested to see if you actually address any of this monumental hypocritical behavior in your next reply or if you'll continue to obfuscate and pretend it didn't happen because you think somehow you can still actually try and save face. I think that's the part that makes me laugh the most really. But no matter how you slice it the hypocrisy here really is astounding.

Considering how you have behaved, never in a million years.

Gee thanks, we are suppose to help each other.

Its a corporate gig for a $500 million a year company. Last thing I need/want is someone who is unprofessional to jeopardize the relationship.

Sounds like an excuse. I do motor sports. It's a travel job. I have a day job. I'd start working on the assignment.

Sounds like an excuse. I do motor sports. It's a travel job. I have a day job. I'd start working on the assignment.

Take it as you will.

: I NEVER ASKED FOR CC PLEASE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST, ALL I DID WAS SHARE MY WORK.

Please note - all TPF galleries allow critique by default. The only gallery where this is an exception is the "Just for Fun" gallery.
If you do not want critique please use the "Just for Fun" gallery; otherwise if you continue to use the other galleries please be courteous when people take time to offer their critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back