Stray Kitten

Fedaykin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hebercollphotography.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this kitten on my backyard tonight. He's really thin so I'm gonna buy him some goat's milk to get him healthy. Gonna try to find someone to take him, if I can't I'll probably just let him loose; he'd probably stick around(my other cat lives outside and his food is always on the porch) until he'd find a mate though. I don't know, I'd keep him but it's not my house(I live here, but it's my mom's house) and we already have a cat and two dogs, not a big house.

These were taken after I got home after buying a litter box for him and put him in the bathroom for the night, I'm afraid if I let him outside he'll either starve to death or be injured by some of the older stray cats in the area(I've seen plenty in my neighborhood) or get hit by a car; he looks only a couple of weeks old and is very thin and restless, still looking for his mom.

Anyway, just some quick snapshots, it was a hassle getting focus right with my 50mm. I had to shoot wide open and relatively slow shutter speeds to get a decent exposure with the one tungsten bulb in the bathroom. I was mainly just trying to get his eyes in focus and staying at ground level. Rough, hasty edits to fix white balance and a little noise reduction and a little contrast increase with levels/curves. These were the most in focus of the 10 or so shots I took.

Though these are basically just quick snapshots, C&C is always welcome anyways.

4643275709_80a1a8cf21_o.jpg

4643275719_52c89e5b06_o.jpg

Last edited:
I am so fan of the catty. I like to adopt small and sweetest catty for me. You have got such a nice photos. It had been indicated that you have used good lens for the photography.

Just to let you know, he is probably around 4-5 weeks old from this picture. At 2 weeks old there eyes have just opened and they are much smaller. Cat milk replacer is the best kind for cats since they are lactose intolerant in sorts. Giving him milk or cream will most likely give him the runs if he doesnt have them already from malnutrition. You can pick feline milk replacer up but he looks like he could do softened kitten food from this picture. If I could see his teeth I would even bet he might be closer to 5 to 6 weeks. Good luck and good for you for rescuing him. As a vet tech we see so many poor strays. Even worse are the ones brought in by their OWNERS to be disposed of when they tire of them.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back