streaking

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been having problem with photo flow streaking do I need to water is down more? The good thing is that the streaks do not seem to be showing up went scanning.

The photo flo is streaking - as in, leaving visible marks on the film? Are you sure it's the photo flo that is the culprit?

Do you squeegee the film off before drying? My professor recommended using two fingers instead of an actual squeegee, and just running them down the film to remove the excess photoflo. It's worked great for me.

terri said:
The photo flo is streaking - as in, leaving visible marks on the film? Are you sure it's the photo flo that is the culprit?
Well can’t be absolutely sure but seem likely the culprit. I only C’s in science. ;)

Philip Weir said:
You are probably correct. You need very little Photoflo prior to drying. I use just a couple of drops in say 2 cups of water.
mysteryscribe said:
I shake the bottle then drop the empty cap into the water.
I’m using about half a tablet spoon in a small soup bowl, so go way less next time.

Digital Matt said:
Do you squeegee the film off before drying? My professor recommended using two fingers instead of an actual squeegee, and just running them down the film to remove the excess photoflo. It's worked great for me.
Yes, I hang them up and then use my fingers

try to grease your negative w/nose grease...gross..but it works will cause the streaks good be scratches...maybe?

unless it could also be old bad developer, stop bath or bad fixer.

hopefully that might help some.

Jeff Canes said:
I’m using about half a tablet spoon in a small soup bowl, so go way less next time.

Does your bottle say "Photo Flo 200" ? That means 1 part photo flo to 200 parts water. You can also get Photo Flo 600.

electrickiisses said:
try to grease your negative w/nose grease...gross..but it works will cause the streaks good be scratches...maybe?

Well, well, well. Fancy someone in 2006 knowing or remembering that old trick. Congratulations "Electriciisses" You were either well trained or getting old.:mrgreen:

www.philipweirphotography.com

In class, they had the photoflo mixed way too thick.. I'd get streaks on my negatives (finger squeegeeing) so I just started developing film at home.

I put one capfull of photoflo into a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store to make my working stock. And sometimes I add tap water to it to thin it out even more. A little bit goes a long way, and less is better than more in the case of streaking, I presume.

I cleaned the streaks off with >90% isopropyl alcohol. The more potent stuff they sell for a buck at Wal*Mart.

Philip Weir said:
electrickiisses said:

Well, well, well. Fancy someone in 2006 knowing or remembering that old trick. Congratulations "Electriciisses" You were either well trained or getting old.:mrgreen:

www.philipweirphotography.com

Damn... I had a feeling I was getting old... and I'm self-trained, too. Next year, I'll be 90% of 30 years old. -sigh-

Most reactions

Back