Stree Scene

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot last year and hopelessly tried to make something out of it. It was shot at 1600 ISO so all I did was remove some of the noise and add a bit of contrast. Now I'll leave it up to you experts make improvements. If the original as shot would help, I'll post it.

Have fun and thanks. :)

7985-Streescene1.jpg

All of the noise is from the high iso, You should never go above 400, but on a shot like this if you already have a tripod there is no excuse for not shooting with a low iso. Your picture is very good for such a high iso. If you don't have a tripod use a bean bag or anything that will stop camera movement.
Cosmo

Traveler....Nice B&W, I tried it but not as good. The street lights are truly yellow/orange. The blowout is what gets me.....not muct to do about it though.

I did not use a tripod for the shot.....didn't have one, it was raining and the wife was holding the umbrella while I took the shot.

cosmonaut.....much better, you caught me while writting this. Could I have run the noise mask again for additional reduction? In PS that is. BTW...I'm in Valdosta.

Thanks, Paul

Traveler....Nice B&W, I tried it but not as good. The street lights are truly yellow/orange. The blowout is what gets me.....not muct to do about it though.

I did not use a tripod for the shot.....didn't have one, it was raining and the wife was holding the umbrella while I took the shot.

cosmonaut.....much better, you caught me while writting this. Could I have run the noise mask again for additional reduction? In PS that is. BTW...I'm in Valdosta.

Thanks, Paul
Neat Image is a free download, PS plug in. You have to pay for an upgraded version. I live in Rome, half way between Atlanta and Chattanooga.
Cosmo

Neat Image is a free download, PS plug in. You have to pay for an upgraded version. I live in Rome, half way between Atlanta and Chattanooga.
Cosmo

Too far north for me....your weather was pretty bad today.

Thanks for the tip, I downloaded it and it works fine, better than PS. May consider the upgrade at some point.
Paul

Too far north for me....your weather was pretty bad today.

Thanks for the tip, I downloaded it and it works fine, better than PS. May consider the upgrade at some point.
Paul
Your Welcome, The weather has been bad. Neat image should show up in PS in the Filter Drop down as a plug in. I haven't been to Valdosta since 1973. The pony league team I played on won State Championship there. I think it was 73...
Cosmo

My attempt ... but I tried so much, playing with this, really, that I no longer know what all I did to it --- I used the layers on it, and whenever I use any layers, it is like diving in the mud for me ... it is all playing and looking what the outcome might be.

Well, I cropped it a bit, obviously, too.

NeatImage did the rest.

acsonp_7985-Streescene1_myedit1_fil.jpg

LaFoto......thanks for your input, it's looks great.

It's a winner.....!!!! Nice and smooth with the lights distinct even though they are blown out from the beginning. With Cosmo's suggestion for Neat Image, and your use of it, I may be able to attain the same results.

I knew you experts would make something of this shot!!! :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back