Street Fighter Cosplay

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekend I attended a local anime convention as a press photographer, and during my off-time I asked a couple of cosplayers who caught my attention if they might be interested in going off-site for a photo shoot. Luckily the convention took place in walking distance from one of my favorite shoot locations. This particular cosplayer really embodied the spirit of Ryu, the character from the video game series Street Fighter that he was dressed up as. This location has a lot of light bouncing off of the buildings from several directions on a sunny day like we had the day of this shoot, and at this particular time the sun is bouncing directly against a large building with a slight cream color to it, which creates very soft warm lighting that I think went well with the direction of the shoot.

Photographed using a Canon 5D MKIII with a Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens, lit with available light.

364A9227-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A9235-Enhanced-NR copy 2.jpg

364A9307-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A9271-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A9320-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A9351-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A9356-Enhanced-NR.jpg

364A9365-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A9435-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

364A8792-Enhanced-NR.jpg

364A8780.jpg

364A8738-Enhanced-NR copy.jpg

Last edited:
#4, definitely a fave

These are terrific!

This particular cosplayer really embodied the spirit of Ryu, the character from the video game series Street Fighter that he was dressed up as.
No kidding - this guy is really in character, apparently for the entire shoot!

Your light here is gorgeous - you clearly have studied this building, and could take advantage of the light it throws.

I'm curious - did this cosplayer know what poses to strike, or did you make suggestions? I have to chuckle at #8 - he's super intense! I bet he loves these.

Great set!

Great set! Appreciate your description on the shooting location and the light. The cosplayers were lucky to get a private session with you.

Great set of pics. I'm not at all envious of your shooting locations!

These are terrific!

No kidding - this guy is really in character, apparently for the entire shoot!

Your light here is gorgeous - you clearly have studied this building, and could take advantage of the light it throws.

I'm curious - did this cosplayer know what poses to strike, or did you make suggestions? I have to chuckle at #8 - he's super intense! I bet he loves these.

Great set!
Thank you.

He does seem to really love these shots. Regarding the posing, he knew what poses to make, but I finessed them to make the poses work for the lighting and to make them more compositionally photogenic. It was definitely a combined effort.

Great set of pics. I'm not at all envious of your shooting locations!
Thanks man.

I have some pretty high expectations when it comes to locations, so I spend a lot of time scouting for shoots. This is one that I often revisit because it's beautiful and I think quite versatile for a number of different types of portrait shoots. Also very affordable to use compared to some rental locations (security has only ever asked that at least one person on the team has a vehicle parked in the garage and has paid for parking, that way we aren't trespassing).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back