Street Kids

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey all...
heres a first from my street shots that i started on a few months back...
shot on a cold winter day in January...
i found the two kids huddled in a back alley, trying to warm themselves by burning some coal...
it was pretty sad.. they never had a roof o'er there head...what i did do was get em a hot meal...

streetkids.jpg

you should of told them to not look at the camera and go back to what they were doing so it doesnt look so staged.. but great photo none the less

hey mansi; it's so sad the way these kids have to live.
thanks for this glimpse into their daily struggle. i'm sure they appreciated your kindness.

aprilraven said:
sad subject, but you did a great job capturing it...

sure have missed your street shots...
thanks aprilraven... well street is just what i want to do.. and i love sharing it with you guys because of your enthusiastic response!

any idea how to make a portfolio of it?

thanks hobo,elsa,nebis,sandman and jk... appreciate all your comments!

I would definatly like to see more of these kind of shots. pls post more up at your convineince..

thanks hobo.. i did post more... but i can send you the link to my gallery if you like :)

I don't comment on your photo's much, Mansi, but I've yet to see anything I don't like yet. I just can't always think of something to say. Kinda like now really. I just want to point that out. This is a good photograph and it also has an emotional edge.

Do you mind if I ask though, how do you feel when you take these shots? I'd feel strange doing it. Sort of like I'm profiting (not financially) from their problems. I'm not having a go, I curious. I'd love to be able to take these kind of photographs but I don't think I'd feel comfortable if I tried.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks ferny for your comments...
it's sad to see tthem like this.. i;m not profiting in any way by taking their pictures..
but eventually i'd like to do something for the street kids.. tell their story out for them..
i just feel for them and thats it
i was never really comfy shooting people but it is what io feel towards.. and i'm more comfortable around them now though not entirely.. not when you see lil kids suffering and in pain.. it sure hurts
im not into other types of photog like landscape etc(not saying its bad.. coz i shoot those too).. i dont like hanging pretty pictures on my wall.. when i feel it says something to me then i feel i did something..
it can hang pretty for ages.. but oh well it's just not my thing.. i'd rather be with the street kids anyday

i;m not profiting in any way by taking their pictures..
You are. You're getting very good photographs because of them. That's what I meant. Nothing bad, but I'd still feel odd and look on it that way if it was me taking the photos.
Someone has to take them though, otherwise we wouldn't see what their life was like. It's good that you feel the way you do. It shows that you care and that you're taking them for the right reasons. Some people would take them just because it could make a nice photograph.

Thanks for answering my question to. :)

i wouldn't call it profiting coz i dont like that word..
all i would say is that some one's gotta do it...
Thanks for looking in ferny :D

Most reactions

Back