Street photography - suggestions, criticisms, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by elsapo, Sep 6, 2005.

1. elsapo

elsapo TPF Noob!

I've recently been trying to shoot a lot more of I guess what you'd call "street photography." The result has been less polished, but more spontaneous.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with the direction my stuff is heading in. But that said, I'd appreciate it if people could take a look at my site and perhaps give some feedback. General thoughts (or specifics) would really be appreciated.

As an example of the type of thing I've been doing ...

[​IMG]

Any comments - either here or on the site, would be appreciated.

Thanks -

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really enjoyed looking at your photos. I think you are on to something, and should keep it up. The BW and low light color images were my favorites.

3. spike5003

spike5003 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like your work... Definately on to something here... Keep it up this has book potential.

4. Patrick

Patrick TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Really like your work also. Had a chance to check your website out and was impressed. BTW with the Team Wet Dog page you hit the nail on the head. You need T-Shirts made! Well done.

5. elsapo

elsapo TPF Noob!

I wanted to thank everyone for the comments; it helps to hear that other people who care about photography think what you're doing is ok.

I had two test prints made of the image in the first print - on one, I ran a noise-reduction filter. On the second, I left as is. Generally, I'm a fan of pictures that have a grainy, harsh feel to them.

However, this time I really liked the reduced-noise image. Maybe that's at least in part because "grain" and "digital noise" just don't have the same feel. The area on the right, also, came out a little lighter and with more detail. So the final product is one I liked a lot.

I had it printed on 11x14 paper, with a few inches border on either side, and I like the final product. I wonder if it could have been printed a little larger -- I do a lot of 16x20 printing -- but at the same time bigger is expensive. I hate that getting large prints done is cost prohibitive, but that's inevitable I guess.

Anyways, thanks again for the comments. I'm happy with this image, and in general with the way things are going.

To the person who suggested t-shirts: I actually had one I printed somewhere -- it says TeamWetDog: Forward motion is the only motion. I get some stares when I wear it...