Street portait

Hair Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not sure if this counts in this section as it's not a studio portrait but I'd be interested in feedback comments

JAO_5115bwWEB.jpg

Steve, homeless since 16, lives in a tent with three dogs one called fidget < great name for a dog

Takes size 9 boots and drinks coffee from Starbucks

I have wanted to take his picture for some days and finally went to speak to him yesterday, but without my camera.he was really cool and happy for me to take his picture after I told him he had a really interesting face. He said 'the girl friend is coming to stay at the weekend so the beard will av to go, she don't like it'

Oh and when I print them can he see one and maybe keep it? No problem

That´s an excellent picture...his gaze is direct yet a bit unsure. I get the feeling I can know something about him from this single picture.

Can you maybe tweak the background (film or digital?) a bit to reduce the effect of the pole his head is growing?

i guess this would be more of a personal thing for you, and not really a professional job. however, this is a really, really nice shot. the detail in his face/hair, contrast of tones and overall feel of it make it a winner in my mind. great work.

Tones are great. I agree on removing the pole. Very nice work though, and sounds like a sad story for the guy.

This is a fantastic shot...truly worthy of the proverbial 1000 words.

I can see this being on the cover of People Magazine with the head line:

Steve: Homeless, Takes size 9 boots and drinks coffee from Starbucks.

what an emotional picture, this picture really does tell a story, great eye

This is quite possibly one of the BEST PORTRAITS I HAVE EVER SEEN. I like it that much. I can't begin to tell you how this image speaks to me on all kinds of levels. It is a true inspiration. You have amazing captured every bit of detail that was intended to be captured. It is a rare and true gem. All I can say is WOW..... Enter this in a contest!

This is waaaayyyyyyy beyond well done!

NJ

Bloody hell I wasn't expecting that feed back, what can i say but thank you all.

Agreed on the pole (its a join between two pains of glass) but don't bring up the subject of retouching or if you do keep your head down after wards < you can find the thread if you want its in this part!

I nearly used the colour version as it shows his skin a lot more and I don't normally like b/w in faces but I'm really glad I did it on this one

thank you all again, johno

Only thing I could say (because I did it on my own) is jacking up the contrast in PS to make it more stark. . .

But yea - everyone else said what everyone else was thinking. Rambanging! shot man, rambanging.

Great shot, you've captured his soul!!
I've sent you a PM.

I edited this to give it a little more "edge". Thanks for the permission to do this to a great shot.

JAO_5115bwWEBcopy.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back