Street portait

I boosted the contrast over the entire image, sharpened the eyes, beard and hair. I left his face alone so as to not lose any detail.
I really like your edit.

Heip, I like the style of your but its a bit too far. i do like my pictures real

But I think you made me re look at the image and I'm really diggin the results i got on it.

Way to go guys!!!

The softness and fine detail in the original should not be lost in my opinion...this is part of the pathos here. This man´s private story is being told...and doesn´t need to be pumped up too much. He´s looking at you, intensely yet with reservations.
Somewhere between the two would be enough.

B&W in a portrait often brings up something that color filters out or distracts from.

Top shot.

Way to go guys!!!

The softness and fine detail in the original should not be lost in my opinion...this is part of the pathos here. This man´s private story is being told...and doesn´t need to be pumped up too much. He´s looking at you, intensely yet with reservations.
Somewhere between the two would be enough.

B&W in a portrait often brings up something that color filters out or distracts from.

Top shot.

I agree. heip's edit is good, hair bear's edit is better, but I still like the original best.

I like the 1st best out of the three shown here, although, I think just a tiny bit more darkness would be good (I think it's good with the highlights, I don't like when they start to get blown). And, yes, I would edit out the "pole." Nice capture of a great expression!

A very moving photo indeed. I haven't gotten up the nerve to go and talk to that many homeless people, although I do like to do candids of them.

Live everyone else has said, It's a really great Job you've done.

Just had it printed inc the colour version and they all look good.

I had a dupe of each and gave a copy of them to him, he said wow my beard is long, i see what you mean about interesting now'

@Jeffm 73, they are not all friendly people but in the main they are just people and often I find they like the fact you take time to talk and find out about them. I always offer a 'brew' as payment, never cash.

And I'm loving that 80-200 2.8D you have

great shot! i cant say anything that was not said already.

i do wonder though what was used to shoot it? Fill flash?

Heip, I like the style of your but its a bit too far. i do like my pictures real

But I think you made me re look at the image and I'm really diggin the results i got on it.

That's what this place is all about. Tossing ideas back and forth, helping and learning.

@stranger, natural light 50mm lens, 2.2 1/320 sec 200 iso. It was a bright(ish) day but he was just under the a shop front so no direct sun

@heip, agreed thats what it should be, I haven't always seen it that way though. In fact i would say if all my/other posts were open like this then I would live here

Most reactions

Back