Street Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Candid street photography really doesn't do very much for me, but I love stopping strangers with style to take their portraits. I shot this one in downtown Portland a week ago. This kid was riding around on a really sweet Schwinn beach cruiser. Unfortunately the shots I got of him on the cruiser were out of focus though. :(

Natural light.
EOS 5D MKI
135mm @f/2.2
1/200th sec
ISO 400
_mg_4380_by_danostergren-d8mempp.jpg

Style, definitely. He has such depth in his eyes, too. Extraordinary portrait, Dan!

Great shot! But to bad the one with the bike didn't turn out. :(

Great Shot! I can't let my 16 year old son see this,because he will be bugging me to drive him all over the continent to find a hat like that.

Great Shot! I can't let my 16 year old son see this,because he will be bugging me to drive him all over the continent to find a hat like that.
You don't have to drive anywhere if you have access to a computer and the internet.

Marvel Hats Caps

Really nice Dan
Thank you.

Style, definitely. He has such depth in his eyes, too. Extraordinary portrait, Dan!
Thank you. I think I'll be setting up another shoot with him in April.

Great shot! But to bad the one with the bike didn't turn out. :(
Agreed. It's a great looking bike, and it definitely went well with his style.

Nicely done ... the thick lenses bending the light and focusing the street behind him adds a lot of extra interest to the image.
Agreed, and thank you.

Thank you. And you can always order from the internet.

The kid has great intensity :)
Agreed.

Great pic, amazing processing and sweet Deadpool hat.

Great pic, amazing processing and sweet Deadpool hat.
Thank you. To be honest, it only took a few minutes of processing. The natural lighting took care of most of the color and minimized skin imperfections for me.

Most reactions

Back