Street Shots

anuragbhateja

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C/C Invited please leave Comment/Complement/Suggestion/Critic

I found this person while going for clicking the snaps for the Nagar Kirtan. While coming back I stopped and clicked this snap. The textue of fruits and his face i very catchy acording to me.

See the aggession on the face of this girl.

SIlently remebering the Great Guru ji.

The drum man.

The sikh band MAN hehe. See the dress!!!

This old man was sitting on a tractor behind whom people were distributing Prasad. I really Like his face.

The set of Images are clicked on "Birth Date of Guru Nanak Dev Ji" 1st guru of Sikhs. One day before the date, all the people of sikh religion and those who believe in the religion perform a Nagar Kirtan. This is very large rally which lasts for 1/2 KM in small cities and may go to several KMs in large cities.

i think some of these would work great as B&W

First I am really enjoying your photos here! Its really nice to be able to see another way of life!

As for C&C

#1. I like the photo, but its too bad about the people in the back left side. I think I would like to see it cropped vertically so you can see the fruit at the bottom but brought in closer to the person.

#2. I think thats a good shot. I really want to know what is going on. What is that in the girls hand and why that look?

#3. I think there is a little bit much going on and I dont like the way the woman on the right is cropped off. I think a vertical crop on the main woman in the front would be nice. She is the focus after all.

#4. I'm not sure what I think of that one.

#5. Again, the crop in to get just the face/shoulders would benifit.

#6. I like this one a lot too. I do think coming in just a little closer can benifit here too.

When I am doing people, I generally like to come in pretty close with the zoom and take the picture vertically if there is a lot going on in the background.

Great pictures and thank you for sharing a bit of your culture with us!
Amber

First I am really enjoying your photos here! Its really nice to be able to see another way of life!

Thanks...

As for C&C

#1. I like the photo, but its too bad about the people in the back left side. I think I would like to see it cropped vertically so you can see the fruit at the bottom but brought in closer to the person.

Will take care next time :)

#2. I think thats a good shot. I really want to know what is going on. What is that in the girls hand and why that look?

This is a musical instrument. Commonly known as Steel Chimta (Chhainey) It gives a very sweet sound. Commonly used while singing holy songs in India.

Actually this is a holy event for sikhs. Sikh religion believes in their 10 gurus. Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the 1st and was founder of sikh religion. On every Guru's Birthday all the people who believe in sikh religion organise a Nagar Kirtan or can say some sort of Carnivals. Tomorrow is Birthday or here know as Prakash Utsav Of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. So all of them are celebrating it :)

#3. I think there is a little bit much going on and I dont like the way the woman on the right is cropped off. I think a vertical crop on the main woman in the front would be nice. She is the focus after all.
Oh sorry for the wrong crop :(. but its nice to see u like it.

#4. I'm not sure what I think of that one.

All these are special instruments. This is a kind of drum this man is playing. This is to tell people that a huge rally is coming and they should get on sides to give it a way. This is like Carnivals in your countries.

#5. Again, the crop in to get just the face/shoulders would benifit.

Hmm... I must on cropping I think :p

#6. I like this one a lot too. I do think coming in just a little closer can benifit here too.

When I am doing people, I generally like to come in pretty close with the zoom and take the picture vertically if there is a lot going on in the background.

Great pictures and thank you for sharing a bit of your culture with us!
Amber

He was too far from me. I was trying to zoom him but the vehicle passed.

Dont be sorry at all :) I think they are very good, those were just things to try for next time is all. :) You did good for what you could get! Its hard when there is a crowd!

Thank you for the explinations on what was going on. Very neat instruments! I hope I can hear them being played one day. I love learning about other cultures. :D It looks like it was a very fun day!

Amber

Dont be sorry at all :) I think they are very good, those were just things to try for next time is all. :) You did good for what you could get! Its hard when there is a crowd!

Thank you for the explinations on what was going on. Very neat instruments! I hope I can hear them being played one day. I love learning about other cultures. :D It looks like it was a very fun day!

Amber

If this is that much interesting then you must the shots I will bring tomorrow. Will try to go to Gurudwara (Like church holy place for Sikhs) and will click some snaps. Also will try to get some more snaps of poeple playing instruments. :) Thanks again.

Amber can I hve your flickr ID?

I dont use flickr, I use photobucket. I have a myspace though :)

Amber

I dont use flickr, I use photobucket. I have a myspace though :)

Amber

Why not flickr? Its famous among photographer and is very way t interect with other passionates. Anyways whats your myspace and photobucket address?

Most reactions

Back