streets of barcelona

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to get a shot that conveys 1) architectural narrowness of the streets in barcelona and 2) the atmosphere of the "pre-crowd" - that is, before the hordes of tourists arrive. This was taken a little bit after sunrise. I think this hits #2 but not sure about #1. thoughts welcome - I've been staring at this one for a bit too long. I'm on the border between the composition. Not sure about whether or not to cut the woman on the right ... i think if I do that, it loses a bit of balance/triangular shape between the three main figures.

Yahoo - login
_MG_9305 by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

I think keep the woman. I don't get the sense of narrow streets because you don't see the other side but I like the photo.

The width of the store fronts would add to the narrow feel, if we could see them better. Too much shadow there, I think. The woman who is sweeping has nice rim lighting, but the glare from the street almost make me squint just looking at the image, making the image a little uncomfortable to look at.

Firstly, that is a very nice shot. Secondly keep the woman, she adds content. Thirdly, the shot says early morning or dusk, it says empty and urban ... but it doesn't say narrow street to me. Shooting throngs of people from high may convey the narrowness of the street. It may be difficult to capture the flavor/front of the little shops and the narrowness of the streets from a low angle.

Thanks for the replies. I don't necessarily need both narrowness and pre-tourist morning in a single shot, so I'm glad it conveys one of them. @ idcanyon I can try lowering the highlights of the street a bit and see what it does

I think this is well thought through, caught and edited.
The idea of narrow streets doesn't show because I can see only one side.

I do think that the shadow is very important and I would have tried to move it off the margin so it appears as more important.
(roughly done but you can get the idea.)

p2407422575-5.jpg

The stretch of road between the two people is quite harsh. A touch less contrast, softening the hardness of the image, may make it easier viewing.

Sorry about the delay in reply. I was on a week-long meditation retreat. Here's an edit with less contrast.
_MG_9305 by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

I was suggested an entirely different crop. I didn't take to it at first, but now, it seems more focused than the original.

_MG_9305-3 by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

i prefer the original crop, but I'd remove the girl on the right.

I read all the other comments my mind is to convoluted now i guess i agree with lower contrast, yes you missed your target still a okay shot?

Most reactions

Back