Strobe Flash wattage ?? and a few other ??

I have a budget speed light it was around 50 bucks and its a excellent on camera flash for the money pictures look good with that flash and often lousy with the built in flash. It does not have a modeling light as far as i can tell. I cant push a button and it fires the flash off once per button push. It does have a strobe flash option which is kind of cool but i have not really played with that much.

Ill probably end up with a set of strobes, It seems like the best option, I am Just kind of trying to figure out how other options would work but strobes still sound like the best option.

I have a budget speed light it was around 50 bucks and its a excellent on camera flash for the money pictures look good with that flash and often lousy with the built in flash. It does not have a modeling light as far as i can tell. I cant push a button and it fires the flash off once per button push. It does have a strobe flash option which is kind of cool but i have not really played with that much.

Ill probably end up with a set of strobes, It seems like the best option, I am Just kind of trying to figure out how other options would work but strobes still sound like the best option.

Does it have manual power settings? Why not just get a set of wireless triggers and use that off camera for learning?

Also, Studio work is boring, IMO. There's only so much you can do with a paper back drop. Having "portable" (I use my Dynalite pack and head systems on the go) setup gives you a lot more options in what you're shooting. I have a photography business and my portraits are on location. I can set up a white paper background and shoot that if I want, but when you have the world as your backdrop, it makes a roll of white paper seem so plain.

Most reactions

Back