Strobe Light...

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just bought a strobe light the other day. I asked the guy if they had those cords so the strobe can communicate to the camera without being on the hotshoe, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Anyone know where I can get one of those for a low price? And what the real name for the cord is?

what's wrong with optical, or other types of cordless triggers? Better to get those probably than you won't have to upgrade to anything. Cactus, skyport, pocketwizard, etc.

Aren't the cordless more expensive?

Do you mean a PC Cord?

There are many different cords (different plugs)...so you will need the right one for your camera and flash.

So does your camera have a PC socket? What about the flash?

Do you mean a PC Cord?

There are many different cords (different plugs)...so you will need the right one for your camera and flash.

So does your camera have a PC socket? What about the flash?

I think that's what it is. Hmmm I've never noticed a PC socket... I'll have to look...

Hmmm I can't seem to find one anywhere for an Olympus E500 series... they've got to make one right??

Cactus triggers are cheap, only about $30-40. I don't know about Olympus, but with all the adapters I'd need to get the flash off my Canon, the price difference is negligible.

Thank you!! Dang Olympus accessories sure are pricey. I'll have to look around some more. Thanks again

Most reactions

Back