Strobist C+C

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Braved the crack addicts and drunks from the nearby bar to setup and take a few shots last night.
First time really having to work under pressure, having to do things quickly and efficiently without drawing lots of attention to myself.
I was run off earlier in the night by a whacked out crackhead who thought the umbrella made a good prop in his musical.

I think i lit the foreground too much, and could have put a little more light over the hood of the car and catch the windshield. Maybe a third speedlight (which i dont have) to rim light or light the background would have been good.

Any other comments and constructive criticsm would be appreciated.

3667847044_053ca56d6f_b.jpg

That's a nice shot. I agree with you on the foreground being a little too lit, I think if the wall was lit up brighter it would have looked really good.

I think a little more light is needed but i don't think its in the background. I don't mind the photo as is because even though the background is dimly lit you can see the images clearly. I think with more lighting on the backgound it might make it start to compete with the car, which is the focus of your shot, imo. Good shot especially with rush you had to take the pic in.

I guess it depends on what you want the focus to be... if it's the car, then maybe another light off to the right and lighten the background light on the left. If it's the background... then yeah, more even in the background and not so much on the car. Either way, you probably need another light source?

... just don't get mugged trying to get it right ;)

i was sick of the one above so i went and retook it and used some of the comments and criticism.

again....i wish i had a 3rd speedlite for rim, but no dice currently.

3670337479_87e1e516cf_b.jpg

I much prefer the reshoot. Well done.

You have a hot spot on the front quarter panel that can be healed. I don't think a third light is necessary for the back wall. It's lit quite nicely. Perhaps a third flash for the interior at a very low output to increase the definition, but not an absolute.

The wheels are slightly hot also, but okay i guess. Just would have preferred a third of a turn to the left.

One suggestion I have is to turn the front wheels, so they are facing the camera. Wheels arn't cheap, show theme off! :mrgreen:

thanks guys.
i appreciate the comments as i'm going to be doing some similiar shots with some exotic cars in the coming weeks.

nice shot. i agree a third light on the back wall to light it up and get rid of the shadow would make it look sweet. i so wish i had multiple speed lights. i just got my first one the other day. i got a sb-600. i really really wanted a sb-900 but i couldnt afford it. ahhh if only i was rich :drool:the equipment i would have....lol

no kidding. in my dream world i'd have a minimum of 3 sb900's, accompanied by lightstands and modifiers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back