Strobist

TederS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody !

I am using a Nikon d40 and a SB600 flash.
And i have this plan to try different lighting stuff, so i want to remove the flash from the camera.

So what would be the most cheapest and of course simplest way to do this.

D40 doesn't have to Creative Lightning System thanks to what i could remove the flash from the camera :(
Then of course there are flash triggers but SB600 doesn't have any holes to connect the receiver.

So, what to do ....

The cheapest:

PT-04 CN II Radio Wireless Remote Flash Trigger Set?1Rx - eBay (item 280400426734 end time Aug-17-10 20:15:16 PDT)

The tranmitter goes on the D40's hot shoe and the SB-600 gets mounted on the receiver. You use manual mode on the camera and manual mode on the SB-600.

A better deal is:

PT-04 C Radio Wireless Remote Double-Flash Trigger?3Rx - eBay (item 280402884186 end time Aug-24-10 01:50:11 PDT)

and you'd be all set to use at least 3 speedlights at a time, though you can mount 2 speedlights on each receiver.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been happy with this transmitter and receiver:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003547GRI/ref=oss_product]Amazon.com: Cowboystudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Receiver for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus & Pentax…[/ame]

They've fired every time and they ship from within the US.

Sorry this is the link:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-NPT-04-Wireless-Receiver-cowboystudio/dp/B002W3IXZW/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1280980189&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger…[/ame]

The other one is just to order another receiver.

+1 for the V4

And if you want to get some real range and reliability Phottix made the Atlas which might be better that the PW plusII

+1 for the V4

And if you want to get some real range and reliability Phottix made the Atlas which might be better that the PW plusII

How much shooting have you done with the PWII Plus? Because you look like you're 14 years old.

Well I work at a studio and we use them every day. And we are slowly swapping them out for the Multimax versions.

But to answer your question, I probably have only taken 100 shots with them. Mainly because I am just an assistant and the only time I use them personally is when they need me to test them out.

And I never used the Atlas before, I just take peoples word for it.

Last edited:
Well I work at a studio and we use them every day. And we are slowly swapping them out for the Multimax versions.

But to answer your question, I probably have only taken 100 shots with them. Mainly because I am just an assistant and the only time I use them personally is when they need me to test them out.

And I never used the Atlas before, I just take peoples word for it.

I'd never heard of the atlas before. I do know that the PW's feel much better built than the Cactii. But I like the Cactii a lot. I think the Multimax is kind of a lot of crap and don't provide much of an advantage over the Plus II's. The PW Plus II's are great, except for the fact that they contain Radio Shack components but sell for $150.

I'd never heard of the atlas before. I do know that the PW's feel much better built than the Cactii. But I like the Cactii a lot. I think the Multimax is kind of a lot of crap and don't provide much of an advantage over the Plus II's. The PW Plus II's are great, except for the fact that they contain Radio Shack components but sell for $150.

:thumbup:+1:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back