Stroboframe Pro-RL or Custom QRS-35?

phillyphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In the market for one of these brackets (Pro-RL or QRS-35). Have a Canon 20D with Battery pack...any thoughts on which is better?

My friend, you have come to the right place. I have wrestled with camera flash brackets for so long, I hate to think about it. But now, I am happy. BTW, I use the below setup with a Canon 580EX.

Stroboframe Press T with the optional anti-twist plate and an add-on flash shoe. That combo works extraordinarily well on the 20D with BG. And believe me, I tried many, many things before I finally got to that one. The Press T allows the top of the bracket to turn when you go to vertical. It not only keeps the flash above the lens, it keeps its orientation with the sensor--that is, the rectangular shape of the flash follows the camera sensor.

Add a Lumiquest Soft Box (the big one), and you will have what I do--the ultimate flash camera.

Note. Look up the anti-twist plate on the Stroboframe website (actually I think it's the Tiffen website), to see which one fits the 20D with BG, as none of the plates are labeled for the 20D. Also, don't think you can get by without the anti-twist plate. You can't.

The extra shoe is so you don't have to screw the flash holder onto the Press T. I think the one I bought is a Manfrotto.

Later.
Bill

Thanks for your input! I'm currious as to why you prefer a flash rotating bracket instead of of a camera rotating? So many of my friends swear by the Custom bracket....I like your idea better, it will definetly save me some money as Custom brackets are very expensive!

Most reactions

Back