Strolling through my small town....

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by jajomo, Apr 1, 2010.

1. jajomo

jajomo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I got out there today and tried to find things that tweeked my senses..I am trying to make a conscience effort to shoot something every day...good or bad results may happen...but that's what learning is about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ajkramer87

ajkramer87 TPF Noob!

Number 1 would be better I think without the numbers on the wood and if more of the mailbox was visible. I know there wasn't much you could do about the numbers but maybe try to pp them out.

Number 3 I like. I like the way the paint is chipping. Just gives off that old feel. The tree on the right side is bugging me a little though. But again not much you could of done other than chop it down.

3. FattyMcJ

FattyMcJ TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1 - Fill the frame with the mailbox more, it's got a nice antique patina look to it with nice textures, use that. Get the new-ish looking post out of the photo...ruins the antique look of the mailbox. What's the house behind the mailbox look like? Is it old? Is it worn down much like the mailbox? Maybe use that off in the background, showing a mid-western old farm/ranch house & depth photo. Like the places you see the retards on "American Pickers" go to...great Americana homes & items, the "hosts" ruin the show. lol (but I digress)

2 - I like the subject, old bird houses (fallen) with a dead tree/bush behind it (showing age) with the hope of new life in front of it via the flowers; I like the DoF too. Maybe get in closer & tighter. The yucca on the left is distracting and the subject(s) don't fill the frame enough IMO.

3 - I like the old doors, I'm a sucker for that stuff, but the tree in the way kills it and you cut off some of the close side bottom of the door. Push the trees out of the way, if you can, or a more straight on shot. I like that you used the portrait perspective too.

4 - Meh, it looks antique, which is nice, but boring beyond that. Sorry :(

5 - Not sure what you were going for here, not sure what it is either...a rail with bolts and not even a nice texture or patina.

Keep shooting and posting, I enjoy looking at your photos!

4. cnutco

cnutco No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I think FattyMcJ nailed it!

What is #5?

5. jajomo

jajomo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank You and I always enjoy getting informative and helpful input.

It is the top of a small bridge...I liked it as a subject..but I had no idea what to do with it.

This is another pic...i didn't post it cause its crap but it shows you better what it is.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  6. cnutco

cnutco No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I think a really great photo would have been of the grafitti under the bridge. Maybe a nice shot from the bottom of the wall shooting upward at an angle...

Thanks for the answer. That was bugging me!