Studio flower

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this photo the other day in my "studio" (aka bedroom) with a real simple setup. i feel like there's something wrong with it, but i dont know, you tell me .

thanks!

daisy1x.jpg

I like it Tony .
I think if you used a blur on the base it would pull you more towards the flower itself.

anyone else?

i really love the contrast of the white and yellow on the black background

but i definitely agree that the vase is a bit distracting and takes away from the shock of the flower contrasting with the background, especially if you want the flower to be the center of attention

i think its very nice though

The coloring of the daisy looks off to me. It could be my monitor, but with a daisy, you usually see a crisp white and a brilliant yellow. The yellow center looks very orange. I think if it were yellow, that would give it some more "pop".

yeah, i agree with you judi, i feel like it looks like something from the late 60s or something, really oddly colored, i might go back and rework it, but i dont know how to get rid of the vase without making it look fake...

Building on what others have said, I think the vase could work with a little dodging on the dark mid-section. The flower pops, but the vase grounds it and adds another dimension.

Most reactions

Back