Studio Lighting equipment

kafoto2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for some input on studio lighting equipment. What is the best type of studio lighting (name brand)? How do I set up my lights to get the best results? Does anyone know what I can do to learn more about studio lighting? Right now all I have is a basic studio lighting set. I just placed an order for 3 pocket wizards! Any ideas/help would be GREAT!

Thanks

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Light-Science-Introduction-Photographic-Lighting/dp/0240808193/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280978636&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting (9780240808192): Fil Hunter, Steven…[/ame]

Lots of good brands are available. ProFoto,Broncolor, Speedotron, Calument, Bowens, Elinchrom, DynaLite, White Lightning, all those are good brands and among the "best" in one category or another.

There is no "best way" to set up lights, but there are proven basic set-ups you can find on-line and in books about lighting.

Portraitlighting.net and garageglamour.com have some articles, as does dg28.com and the Strobist blog.

No offense, but it seems you are putting the cart before the horse. I second the above book, and while it's shipping, you can browse Strobist.
That site deals mostly with hotshoe flashes, but the principles are the same. Also, flickr has some good groups dealing with studio flash. There's also Lighting Essentials. And, when all else fails, there's always "the google."

If you want the best, try Broncolor. If you want good or great, try Speedotron, Elinchrom, or Profoto.

Start by googling three point lighting.

I am looking for some input on studio lighting equipment. What is the best type of studio lighting (name brand)? How do I set up my lights to get the best results? Does anyone know what I can do to learn more about studio lighting? Right now all I have is a basic studio lighting set. I just placed an order for 3 pocket wizards! Any ideas/help would be GREAT!

Thanks

Why? What are you trying to accomplish?

Your question is way too vague.

Thanks

I think what he's trying to say is SPEND AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE. IT WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER PHOTOGRAPHER.

Thanks

I think what he's trying to say is SPEND AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE. IT WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER PHOTOGRAPHER.

Then the OP should skip those other brands of lighting and go straight for some Briese lights.

Most reactions

Back