studio lighting

What I suppose is about $500 USD is not going to buy you a ton in terms of studio light, probably just a single light and basic modifiers.

I use AlienBee strobes, which are fairly entry-level but do what is asked of them-- produce a lot of light in a controllable fashion. Just visit the site of your photographic supplier of choice and see what sort of things they offer in your price range and compare features, etc. For AlienBees you need to order from their website, they are sold factory direct.

thanks for the advice but i more want to know what sort of lights are comatible with our cameras and how they're set up.

Agreed. Alienbees is a good a good place to start and realistically, may never need to be upgraded, provided the lights don't break. They work as well for most professional purposes as they do for hobbyist purposes.

I live in the uk and i know its very hard and costly to get them from the states, can you recommend a certain type that ill be able to get in the UK?

Anything that is being sold today is compatible with your camera. Because the Rebels do not have PC sync ports, you will need to either buy a hot-shoe mounted wireless trigger or a hotshoe based third party PC sync. But if you do that than pretty much anything is going to be compatible.

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/CF0502K1/

295 pounds. A lot of weight, but a nice setup.

2 Genesis 200, 200w/s strobes with stands and umbrellas.

Probably the best thing for the price. They have built in optical slaves so you can trigger them with your built in flash for the time being. And being as they're 200 w/s and your built in is about 15w/s, iirc, you'll over power it easily enough.

a pound is the british unit of money, equivalent to about 1.7USD(might be closer to 2, I don't know today)

There's a symbol for it but I don't know the alt code for it.

a pound is the british unit of money, equivalent to about 1.7USD(might be closer to 2, I don't know today)

There's a symbol for it but I don't know the alt code for it.

haha cool, i made my self look pretty wise with my post(sarcasm)

i need to start paying more attention

anyways, roughly 500 USD seems like a pretty reasonable price to me for those lights

haha cool, i made my self look pretty wise with my post(sarcasm)

i need to start paying more attention

anyways, roughly 500 USD seems like a pretty reasonable price to me for those lights

Except they're roughly $319 USD if you go to calumetphoto.com instead of calumetphoto.co.uk

Yes, but in the great ripoff uk our stuff always costs more than over the pond and calumet.com will charge the brit price to us or when trying to purchase we'll find ourselves redirected to co.uk site. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back