Reaction score
Website
www.junderhill.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what do you think to my editing mainly on this one:

budbeforeaftergb5.jpg

Philip Weir said:
Your lighting was too hard. Better to use a larger light source. Looks almost like flash on camera. I had a fiddle with your image and have attached it below.
budbeforeaftergb5.jpg

Those edges are really "rough" on the B&W, try using a soft brush to smoothe out those edges..

Philip Weir said:
Your lighting was too hard. Better to use a larger light source. Looks almost like flash on camera. I had a fiddle with your image and have attached it below.
budbeforeaftergb5.jpg

have you gone round it with lassoo and then put on a white background ?

my guess is he used the pen/lasso tool then applied a mask....the only thing i would do different is i would have feathered the edge a little before applying the mask. or go back over the edges with a soft brush...just my .02

I know you want editing advice, but I'd have chosen a different starting point to make editing easier.

If you want to eliminate the shadow, use a ring flash, or two makeshift lights on either side of the lens. A homemade light ring from home depot can do the trick, too, and then you have a real ringlight. I'd also use a paper backdrop, in one continuous strip, to remove any corners from the picture in the first place. The perspective is also important, because it makes the bottle look weird unless it's a dead-on shot.

Those three things would remove the need for hardcore editing, and give you an excellent spot to start from changing it into B&W. It would probably convert right into B&W without any real work on your part.

Most reactions

Back