Studio Shoot 12 June 2004 - *Not work safe*

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with the guys...the white bra is distracting!

graigdavis said:
I dont want this to sound like anything more than artistic. She needs to loose the bra. I think it would be a better shot with out it. Its distracting.

Or atleast get one thats the same material as that gold material or something. The white bra is killin it.

I agree, a little more far eye would help. And maybe show the top part of her head.

From both a female viewpoint and a model's viewpoint, I also have to agree with graig. The bra takes away from the photo and does nothing to flatter the model.

I also disagree that having her braless would be more distracting. Because the rest of her skin tone is showing through the robe, the breast would blend in as well. The skin just barely shows through as it is. The nipple may show through a bit, but not enough to take away from the picture. Even if the nipple did show, the robe could be positioned in such a way that it is covered. The bra being white stands out too much, in my opinion. The color does not compliment what she is wearing and instead draws the viewer's eyes away and keeps them focused away from the model's face. The model's eyes are beautiful but I can't keep myself from being brought down to the white bra.

Besides, I don't know about any of the other women, but I would just not wear a white bra with a robe like that anyway. Like graig said, a gold one maybe, but the white just doesn't fit, nor does the fabric (but I'm anal that way).

I agree that I would have liked the top of her head to also be in the pic.

I also think that bringing her shoulders and head around to the camera just a fraction more would have improved the shot. I don't know if it is the angle or if it is the way she is standing but something is just not jiving with me as far as her pose goes. Something with the shoulders. Were her shoulders back? If not, maybe that's what's throwing me off. Again, that might be taken care of if she were rotated just a little more to the camera. But that's just me.

The lighting is great in this picture though and the model's eyes and face are beautiful. Nice pic.

Thank you for all your valuable comments and suggestions. Well, I totally agree that the white tube is very disturbing. However, I respect the model's decision not to show her breast. Anyway, this was done during a organised photo shoot.

This photo is a candid shot. I was sitting 45 degree from the actually shooting spot. The background is actually my wall without any back light. She was doing a pose and I suddenly asked her to look at me, and I snapped! :)

I am still learning and I am very grateful that this forum has given me lots of tips to improve...

Thanks everyone..... :)

photong said:
I would think her breasts hanging out and visible would me more distracting. And I'm a girl and couldn't care less about breasts and I would still think it's discrating from the face which I think is the most imprtant thing in any photo.

I absolutely agree, photong. The face and breast would be in contention.

Bobman, I detect the effort on your part to position the model in such a way as to flatter/compliment her nose. That's great because at first hand, it appears to me as if she has a nose that could be easily misrepresented in an unflattering manner.

The partially-hidden eye is an easy tradeoff for excessive and unflattering wrinkles in her neck. Given a choice between the two, I'd select the partially-hidden eye.

So that's two things to make a habit of looking for (hidden eyes and neck wrinkles) when you apply this particular pose in the future. If she had been looking slightly more to your right, her eye would have been fully displayed, but then there wouldn't be that intimate eye-to-eye connection with the viewer.

Your lighting control is totally kewl.

I like what you've done. Keep up the good work.
Rebel

I am assuming this is a figure study so actually i cut cut out the head completely. A face is imortant in a photo but not in nude figure studies. Usually a face is very distracting in nude FS's unless you wanna be aroused by it. (and guys you can boo me and pretend to disagree with me all you want, but in your minds you know its true)
Contrary to what you will see on Photosig.com and other photo sites, a true nude figure study will only very rarely include the head. Of course those sites are clack full of voyeurs and questionally sexually devient men. (including myself ;)) If you are trying to make erotica then anything goes.
But with erotica i would say this pose doesn't set a mood. If your intentions were erotica, then you have to suggest sexuality, which this doesn't (to me at least)

The photo is good, i would like to see it cropped in alot tighter, take out the head and neck to half way down the clavicle, cut some of the right side (too much nothingness) and next time have her take off the necklace and braclets. Those are prolly my biggest soncerns.

Second picture is fine the way it is currently. Cropped right at the lips. I love the contrast and the dark tones. I am really liking the bracelets to kinda break things up a bit. The overal tone makes your eyes work up and down the picture and not focus on the nudity. I will have to make a mental note for future cropping of pictures.

-Jeremy-

Bobman. The second picture is verry beautifull. I like the lighting and the pose. From what I can see of her face she looks like shes georgious. I like the crop, but just out of my own curiosity, I would like to see her face. please feel free to post more.

And thank you everyone for agreeing with me! :D

First pic : angelucapet expressed what I was thinking , perfectly.
The white bra under this particular shirt is like oil in water.
In this case , her breast wouldnt have been 'obvious' , for want of a better term. Its just a continuation of her skin , hinting through the shirt fabric.
If you really wanted to remove any trace of her nipple that might show as well , you could always do that by either ...
* Arranging the shirts colored lining strategically
* Applying makeup , matching her skin tone ( as long as the studio is well heated coz in this case the cold wouldnt be your friend ;) )
* She could stick a round , flesh colored bandaid onto it etc.
There are a few things on the market for this sort of 'boob camouflage' actually lol.

Second pic : Beautiful shot ! Nudes are one of my favourite photographic genres. Especially in B&W.
Needless to say , out of all your shots I've seen so far Bobman , I like this one best !
While it would be nice to see her face , in this shot the focus , like Havoc said , is on her naked form.
IMO , if her face was also in this shot , my attention would be , for the most part , on her eyes and expression..
When you see the models eyes it becomes more personal ( strange as it sounds ) rather then the objective appreciation of the form and beauty of the naked body

Most reactions

New Topics

Back