Studs

photogoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trueblueintimates.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is something that I took months ago. Everytime I look at it, I feel differently about it. Opinions and critique please...

studs.jpg

It almost looks 3d, but it lacks a definitive subject. It just there, im sure this wasn't very helpfull. But I can't put my finger on any one thing.

This is one where I'd like to see the subject briar-sharp, Goddess. Because it is soft, I can't get the feel of the leather or see any distress in the studs, which would add so much character to this image. I like your idea here. Also, it looks a tad blown in the highlights, especially on the largest stud, which sacrifices detail - I want to see every crack or distress mark here! :D

Do you remember what aperture you had? I'd close it a stop from here and then check my DOF preview button to make sure the background was still soft, like it is here, because that's working very well, but that I still had the subject in tight focus. Just a thought.

Hope you try this one again!

I haven't really been able to identify a point of focus either. Maybe that's why I keep coming back to this one and feeling like it's just not right. Specs are... ISO 1600, 1/20, f5.6, hand held. This was part of a saddle at the Kentucky Horse Park. I didn't have my tripod with me that day and the barn was really dark. I think it's a tad soft because of the slow shutter speed. Also, I'm beginning to wonder if my 10D is having a backfocusing issue and I really need to test it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back