Studs

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by photogoddess, Aug 5, 2004.

1. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is something that I took months ago. Everytime I look at it, I feel differently about it. Opinions and critique please...

[​IMG]

2. PhotoTrue

PhotoTrue TPF Noob!

It almost looks 3d, but it lacks a definitive subject. It just there, im sure this wasn't very helpfull. But I can't put my finger on any one thing.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is one where I'd like to see the subject briar-sharp, Goddess. Because it is soft, I can't get the feel of the leather or see any distress in the studs, which would add so much character to this image. I like your idea here. Also, it looks a tad blown in the highlights, especially on the largest stud, which sacrifices detail - I want to see every crack or distress mark here! :D

Do you remember what aperture you had? I'd close it a stop from here and then check my DOF preview button to make sure the background was still soft, like it is here, because that's working very well, but that I still had the subject in tight focus. Just a thought.

Hope you try this one again!

4. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I haven't really been able to identify a point of focus either. Maybe that's why I keep coming back to this one and feeling like it's just not right. Specs are... ISO 1600, 1/20, f5.6, hand held. This was part of a saddle at the Kentucky Horse Park. I didn't have my tripod with me that day and the barn was really dark. I think it's a tad soft because of the slow shutter speed. Also, I'm beginning to wonder if my 10D is having a backfocusing issue and I really need to test it.