Study of a Soldier and His Country

28693867_EjZki-M-2.jpg

Sea Stallion

LRRP - "Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol"... It was a Special Forces unit where a team of 4 or 5 men were airlifted deep into an area to walk in the rest of the way to study and report on enemy activities.. Your only support were the other team members and sometimes we were out for 5-6 days at a time. We snuck into VC camps and disrupted communications, lit up stockpiled ammunition, and dispatched as many enemy as we could - sometimes we'd just sit on a hill and direct artillary fire, and other times we'd be laying just 'feet' from a unit that came in the area just to try and find us... You needed a sense of humor, to say the least.. My sig couldn't be more appropriate.. :mrgreen: I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got out with my head on fairly straight... 11 months of that and I was done.. it's crazy that at times I still miss it.. Guess my head isn't on straight, huh? :confused:

I feel like they are entirely too cold and emotionless for what you're going for. Very staged, and the flag falling on the ground in the last photo is disturbing. Not because the flag shouldn't touch the ground, but because you know the soldier wouldn't let it if he could.

slightly off topic, but where is a good place to buy a flag that is large enough to be the main backdrop? Ive looked around but havent found anything.

:D

Do a google for US Flag. You can get them up to garrison size or larger. We are talking like 35 feet X 50 feet if you want them.

Most reactions

Back