Study Of A Statue

Graelwyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these with D200, not used an slr in over 2 years, and this is a new camera, so still adjusting. Comments very much appreciated?

parkstatueday2.jpg

parkstatuenight2a.jpg

parkstatuenight3a.jpg

parkstatuenight4a.jpg

parkstatuenightcivic1.jpg

parkstatuenightcivic2.jpg

Ok, that is quite a few threads of mine that have been overlooked or unresponded to. I begin to wonder if one has to already show professional results in order to be noted...in which case, why bother, if one isnt going to get any feedback or inspiration on furthering their work? This is the worst forum I have seen for feedback for those who arent so awe inspiringly brilliant as some. A forum that makes someone feel bad through critique and criticism is great as it encourages one to work harder. A forum that makes no attempt to make newcomers feel welcome and encouraged, is crap. If the forum is only going to pay heed to those who have attained a standard of excellence, then it should be renamed. Out of here and onto better pastures.

Be patient. And I don't think people should feel like crap to be inspired.

Your first one has a nice crop, the rest are a bit dark and grainy. What ISO did you use?

Graelwyn, responses have nothing to do with whether a member is new or leading in the forum's post count. I don't get the replies that I hoped I would, either, out of the thread on my having trouble in composing right with the Leica and getting the prints well enough scanned. That thread shows so-and-so many replies only because I myself posted it it at least five times myself, if not six...

So there.
Don't worry.
When the time comes, your photos will be noticed.

Like I am only seeing this very thread NOW (I was out and about early this morning which is my usual "commenting time"). So I COULD not say anything any sooner.

What film did you have in your camera that would get the night shots of the statue of Isaac Watts as well, and how did you take them? Did you bring the tripod to "study" that statue.

I like the colours very much in those night photos. The sky is lovely, and in one of them I even see a star :D.

Who digitalised your photos? You yourself at home with the help of a scanner (film scanner? Flatbed scanner?) or did you order a CD along with the prints?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back