Stump

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Treymac, May 26, 2007.

1. Treymac

Treymac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was experimenting with close photography and I took a shot of a stump which turned out nice. The sky was blown out though. In a shot like this, is there any way to get the sky in? Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. runninglance

runninglance TPF Noob!

I guess one way you could include the sky would be an hdr. I think, atleast, I haven't experimented with them much. Plus I think this in hdr would look cool.

3. his4ever

his4ever TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    maybe with a Neutral Density filter? (I could be wrong... anyone with more knowlege will correct me here I hope :D). Get a ND filter that is half ND and half normal and then put the ND part where the sky is. I could be totaly wrong on this one tho.... I think there might be something with the appture and your speed too that you might be able to do... but I am not recalling what that is. I could be wrong on that one too... the idea is a cool one tho...

I say crop out the overexposed part and for fun put in a fake sky. Burn in the corner of the stump that is slightly exxposed and possibly go B+W. Those are my thoughts :D.

4. moracca

moracca TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You could take 2 shots, one exposed for the tree, one for the sky, and combine them in post.