Stumped on how much to charge

JEazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright so this band called Seeds Replanted wanted me to shoot one of there outdoor concerts. They want to use the photos for there website and maybe some posters for future gigs. I was thinking maybe around a hundred or so, but then that seemed a little low to me...and then it seemed a tad high to me. I'm really not too comftorable with my pricing system yet, so i thought maybe you guys could help me out. There are 17 photos total. Here are the proofs...

LakeMillsSeedsReplantedProofs.jpg

But yeah, I want to email them the proofs as soon as possible and include the price so I'd really appreciate if you could help me out. Thanks.

-Justin

Count up all the time you spent on this client. Multiply it by an hourly rate of your choosing. Add expences and amortization of equipment.

I'm not a pro photographer, but I think $100 is really low.

well i spent 4 hours shooting this and another 2 hours editing. i don't know! ah!

First off... ALWAYS agree on a price beforehand. Your best bet when it comes to bands is to tell them an hourly rate (that covers your edit time) and charge accordingly. I charge $150/hr and I also have a file release fee of $200 for all usable files from the session. This fee applies for concerts or portrait work. If I were you... I would charge $500 total. (If I had been commisioned to shoot the event and it was agreed upon beforehand) If they did not ask you to come and no rate was agreed upon, I would suggest a $200 to $300 release fee for the images with no hourly rate included.

Just my thoughts~!

b

one million dollers...

if this is one of your 1st gigs why not charge like 100-200 bucks that way you may get some other customers from the band..... you know... word of mouth

that is what i would do go with a low price that way they will use you again

kordd

Most reactions

Back