stupid question of the day...

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i have a couple off camera flashes now. And i have light stands. since i don't want to put my off camera flashes on the ground is there a adaptor or something i need so i can put them on the light stands? i see video shooting off camera flash outside using light stands. And i wonder how they put them on the light stands.

and yeah, i know. My ignorance on some things is astounding...... i just know flashes dont go on light stands and i want them too...

Luckily when I bought my first light stand I bought a kit and it came with the adapter. I was kinda lost too.

You'd want a hot shoe bracket mount for flexibility and accessories. If you simply just want to put a flash on the stand, the OEM hot shoe flash stand has a built in hole threaded to fit most light stands. :)

You'd want a hot shoe bracket mount for flexibility and accessories. If you simply just want to put a flash on the stand, the OEM hot shoe flash stand has a built in hole threaded to fit most light stands. :)
you know what? the clip that comes with the flashes does have a hole in the bottom of it and screws right on the light stand. I didnt even notice that. i was thinking hot shoe. Thanks!

What kind of Mainer are you? Just use some duct tape and twine.

What kind of Mainer are you? Just use some duct tape and twine.
or bring a portable generator. i got one of those.... Might actually be a idea for strobes but seems a lot of crap to carry around and wont be that quiet...

Luckily when I bought my first light stand I bought a kit and it came with the adapter. I was kinda lost too.
i am pretty much clueless on this. just saw a video and they have outdoor flash with attachments and looks like they are running on battery. All i know. i just though "hey i want to be able to do that"

It took me a while to figure this stuff out too, but I started with continuous lighting, so I had a bit of a head start. I've got a pair of adapters for my speedlites that can hold umbrellas. You'll figure this stuff out. Monolights have those things built in, generally.

It took me a while to figure this stuff out too, but I started with continuous lighting, so I had a bit of a head start. I've got a pair of adapters for my speedlites that can hold umbrellas. You'll figure this stuff out. Monolights have those things built in, generally.
new at this lighting stuff. Not sure how good i will be at it. But i could find this seriously addicting. Kind of like some people get off on post processing. Playing with lights is somewhat physical and i see it first hand. i like that . Reading up a little, see the different effects i can do. It is making me feel creative. i like that too. Lke i said i am just starting learning about it? But just playing with it is making me creative thinking like..... And while i get bored with post process and sitting in front of a computer this is entertaining as i am actually DOING it and see it right in front of me.

I started out with one speedlite.
Then a stand /umbrella kit
Then 2 more speedlights and stands, etc.
Then brollys
then antoehr speedlight for BG lighting, and a gel kits for coloring the background
Then muslin BGs (and used a blanket, spare large swaths of cloth, etc).
brollys

next up are Adorama strobes and larger modifiers
I'm holding off as long as possible.

Luckily, alot of the stuff I do can't use speedlights and modifiers. I'm still looking for a gizillion Lumen speedlight to light up the dark side of the moon. If you come across one, point me that way.

I started out with one speedlite.
Then a stand /umbrella kit
Then 2 more speedlights and stands, etc.
Then brollys
then antoehr speedlight for BG lighting, and a gel kits for coloring the background
Then muslin BGs (and used a blanket, spare large swaths of cloth, etc).
brollys

next up are Adorama strobes and larger modifiers
I'm holding off as long as possible.

Luckily, alot of the stuff I do can't use speedlights and modifiers. I'm still looking for a gizillion Lumen speedlight to light up the dark side of the moon. If you come across one, point me that way.
i dont know how to use any of it really LMAO

but i have three polyester backgrounds, three cotton backgrounds. Three umbrellas. four softboxes, two strobes. One hand held light. four light stands with daylight bulbs. Three other light stands the other stuff goes on. And two off camera flashes. some reflectors and whatever those things are that cover the lights and turn it different colors (not gels just some sort of plastic covers )what i dont have, is a studio to put it in. i have no room.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back