Sub $500 dollar computer?

Desktop or laptop?

If desktop, would the $500 have to include the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc...? Or just the computer by itself?

Would you be willing to build one yourself? If not, I'd pass on eMachine computers. Check out what kind of deals DELL has.

Desktop or laptop?

If desktop, would the $500 have to include the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc...? Or just the computer by itself?

Would you be willing to build one yourself? If not, I'd pass on eMachine computers. Check out what kind of deals DELL has.

I cannot build one for that cheap, I CAN build them, but I don't think I can TOUCH that

I have that same emachine, Photoshop CS4 opens in 4 seconds on it. I don't know about the quality of the monitor, I didn't get that, but the PC itself is good.

Hey all.

Went to Best Buy to buy that machine, or another they had in their ad for a bit more.

Of course they were out of them, and I got upset, and in the end ended up talking the sales guy into giving me a better computer for the same money:

HP - Pavilion Desktop with AMD Phenom™ X4 9150e Quad-Core Processor - a6700y

Quad Core, 500 gigs of HD. A little less on the RAM, but it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Hey all.

Went to Best Buy to buy that machine, or another they had in their ad for a bit more.

Of course they were out of them, and I got upset, and in the end ended up talking the sales guy into giving me a better computer for the same money:

HP - Pavilion Desktop with AMD Phenom™ X4 9150e Quad-Core Processor - a6700y

Quad Core, 500 gigs of HD. A little less on the RAM, but it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Funny! I went to Best Buy last night to buy my wife one of the emachines, they were out so we ended up with a slightly better Acer for the same money! :)

Congrats on the new computer!

I know Macs are the ultimate computer for the everyman, but I just feel they are overpriced and still underused in the community.

maybe run a linux base system those are pretty cheap...is too bad your no local, i have a pc here that i need to get rid of

Most reactions

Back