Sub Categories in the Meet Up Locations area

93rdcurrent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.timlorphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To help network and find events in our areas it would be helpful to divide it by regions. So if I were looking for people in the Pacific NW I could look in the Western Region forum and the Pacific NW sub forum. It might be easier to attract attention to specific events and to help organize activities specific to an area.

That could be a thought, however, not very easily implemented.

The problem with it is, TPF is comprised of members from all over the WORLD...not at all just in the US. To divide it up that much would require a lot of space, and would make the site difficult to navigate.

Interesting idea...but I don't think the meet up forum is really all that busy. It would only take a moment to scroll through and see if there are any meet ups in your (or any particular) area. Also, there is the seach feature of the forum, which anyone could use to find info they are looking for.

We appreciate the feed back, keep it coming.

I understand what you are saying and this may clarify what I'm talking about with another forum using vbulletin: http://www.rx8club.com/ . Just an idea to kick around really. You're right that it may be you have too large an area to cover but it may give people more incentive to check out what's going on in their specific area or to help organize in their specific area.

It's always a trade off...or a toss up. Would could include sub forums for smaller areas...but where does it end? We might end up with 37 different sub forums.

Part of what we want, is to keep things compact and straight forward.

But we are always open to suggestions and change.

Most reactions

Back