Subdivision nightlife!!

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I just took a few long exposure shot today. They're straight out of the camera. Let me know you think. I know there's a lot of noise, 8 sec exposure at 400 iso on a point and shoot at night so yeah, but other than that, how are they? That, and does anyone know what's up with the white balance in two and three. Two is more accurate of the lighting condition but three look kinda cool. Against these are straight from the camera. The white balance is set to tungsten btw.

1)
texaslandscape008.jpg

2)
texaslandscape003.jpg

3) This last one, the iso=64, f=2.8, 8 sec exposure. still some noise in the shadow though.
texaslandscape002.jpg

the setting in the first two were ISO 400, 8 sec exposure, tungsten WB, aperture F8.

The last shot, ISO 64, 8 sec exposure, tunsten wb, aperture is F2.8.

I was playing with lines in pictures, I wasn't exactly testing setting but I realize I couldn't got to F8 without bumping the ISO to 400. I was hoping to keep the ISO under 100. But yeah, thanks the comments though.

the setting in the first two were ISO 400, 8 sec exposure, tungsten WB, aperture F8.

The last shot, ISO 64, 8 sec exposure, tunsten wb, aperture is F2.8.

I was playing with lines in pictures, I wasn't exactly testing setting but I realize I couldn't got to F8 without bumping the ISO to 400. I was hoping to keep the ISO under 100. But yeah, thanks the comments though.

You really want that ISO 100, that will eliminate the noise you have.....but you also want that aperture between f/18 and f/28. Then you can really leave the shutter open for a good bit. I would also look for some better scenes as far as your composition goes.

thanks for the comment, my camera doesn't go any slow than an 8 sec exposure though. Maybe time for a DSLR eh? lol. Maybe I should work on my composition before I get one, lol.

thanks for the comment, my camera doesn't go any slow than an 8 sec exposure though. Maybe time for a DSLR eh? lol. Maybe I should work on my composition before I get one, lol.

A more interesting place a night at least. Downtowns, College campuses, Cityscapes.......stuff like that. I you can close that aperture some, you can take some decent night pictures....keep shooting.

My original intention was to create a sense of emptiness, quietness, and in a sense, boringness. You know life in a subdivision is usually not that exciting, but apparently the picture is boring too, lol. btw, I just realize that the first two picture is not really usable once you start editing them, way too noisy, the last you can edit it without a problem.

My original intention was to create a sense of emptiness, quietness, and in a sense, boringness. You know life in a subdivision is usually not that exciting, but apparently the picture is boring too, lol. btw, I just realize that the first two picture is not really usable once you start editing them, way too noisy, the last you can edit it without a problem.

keep shooting, you'll do well I'm sure

Most reactions

New Topics

Back