Submarine Pitcher

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this at a HS baseball game the other day. Critique away! I'm not too satisfied with the position of the ump/catcher/batter...and I wish I could have gotten all of them, but it was impossible because of how the backstop was designed.

dsc00225ff3.jpg

I think that the composition is good - all it needs is a little cropping to get some more tension in the image. Now, imo, the pitcher is too central in the original image. By moving the pitcher to the right, the catcher, batter corner is balanced.

OTOH, the focus is off and its seems very contrasty. It looks like there was some excessive use of a de-noising tool.

What do you think of this cropped image?
dsc00225ff3croppedgc0.jpg

cropped image looks much better.

Traveler blew out the pitcher though.

Traveler blew out the pitcher though.

A good example of the effect of successive editing of jpgs. Any change in tone was purely compression-induced because I did nothing but crop the image.

Oops sorry, I went back and looked at it and I did change (read 'botch") the levels some.
mea culpa

Right, "culpa" or not ... your CROP is the one I would have suggested for this photo, too.
And when you work on a resized photo and not on the original, anything you do will have a much greater effect, so any pp work other than new crops will have to be done with utmost care ... which I had to find out the hard way, too. My attempts to "help" others have been thwarted by this fact, as well! :oops:

at least it's better than nothing. I edited someones shot on here recently and almost ruined it. here it is;

Desotofcolor_TPF.jpg

Disgusing eh?

Most reactions

Back