Submitted for comment

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by cops25, Apr 25, 2004.

1. cops25

cops25 TPF Noob!

I tried some picutures of an old train bridge. I'm not sure which is better composition-wise, headon or side veiw...In any case, C/C welcome.

[​IMG]

On this photo, I also tried cropping out most of the rock (this copy is uncropped)
    [​IMG]

2. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

i like#1 better of the two. i like the reflection in the water, and the movement of the water. in fact, the water is alive in #1- not so in #2.
    highlights seem blown out in #1, but that could be my monitor- im on a laptop...

good dof in #1, better dof in #2

contrast in #2 could be boosted, esp sky

nice overall comp in both shots

3. cops25

cops25 TPF Noob!

It's been dreary weather-wise the past few weeks. I plan on going back when there is less cloud cover, so hopefully the sky and bridge highlights will be better defined.

Do you think #1 would be better represented in color?

4. ceno2000

ceno2000 I AM PUNK ROCK!!

i like them but could you digitaly take out the teleptone poles? they are a little distracting

5. cops25

cops25 TPF Noob!

I could try, but I don't think my PSP skills are up to that level yet. Cloning out a street light is one thing,,,,LOL

6. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I really like the first image. I like seeing the current in the water, the texture of the rocks, the decision to go B/W, I even like the telephone poles - though I wish they were more symmetrical.

7. cops25

cops25 TPF Noob!

The Delaware is pretty cool. even though it's a river, it follows the tidal charts. during high tide, things are pretty mellow. during low tide, the rocks create alot of turbulance.

8. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i prefer number one here,

i don't mind the telephone poles, in fact i think they add to pic. just wish the tops of the poles weren't cropped off. I would be cool to see birds and stuff on them too :)

if you could localise the contrast on the sky in both pics it would help make it stand out more, it would especially benefit the second image. Applying layer masks could help if you are into photoshop. I would burn the sky more in the second one and lighten bridge, I can barely make out the arches in the bridge in the second pic.

whats your gear, camera, lens etc?

cheers for sharing the pics :)

9. cops25

cops25 TPF Noob!

I'm still learning PS, I've been trying to figure out layers for the longest time, I've read numerous tutorials, but it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

For equipment, all I have is an Olympus C-720 and a tripod. I'd like to step to to better equipment (who doesn't?), but I want to hone my skills first.

Thank all for the compliments!