Submitted for comment

cops25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I tried some picutures of an old train bridge. I'm not sure which is better composition-wise, headon or side veiw...In any case, C/C welcome.

webP1010022BW.jpg

On this photo, I also tried cropping out most of the rock (this copy is uncropped)
webP1010009.jpg

i like#1 better of the two. i like the reflection in the water, and the movement of the water. in fact, the water is alive in #1- not so in #2.
highlights seem blown out in #1, but that could be my monitor- im on a laptop...

good dof in #1, better dof in #2

contrast in #2 could be boosted, esp sky

nice overall comp in both shots

It's been dreary weather-wise the past few weeks. I plan on going back when there is less cloud cover, so hopefully the sky and bridge highlights will be better defined.

Do you think #1 would be better represented in color?

i like them but could you digitaly take out the teleptone poles? they are a little distracting

ceno2000 said:
i like them but could you digitaly take out the teleptone poles? they are a little distracting

I could try, but I don't think my PSP skills are up to that level yet. Cloning out a street light is one thing,,,,LOL

I really like the first image. I like seeing the current in the water, the texture of the rocks, the decision to go B/W, I even like the telephone poles - though I wish they were more symmetrical.

The Delaware is pretty cool. even though it's a river, it follows the tidal charts. during high tide, things are pretty mellow. during low tide, the rocks create alot of turbulance.

i prefer number one here,

i don't mind the telephone poles, in fact i think they add to pic. just wish the tops of the poles weren't cropped off. I would be cool to see birds and stuff on them too :)

if you could localise the contrast on the sky in both pics it would help make it stand out more, it would especially benefit the second image. Applying layer masks could help if you are into photoshop. I would burn the sky more in the second one and lighten bridge, I can barely make out the arches in the bridge in the second pic.

whats your gear, camera, lens etc?

cheers for sharing the pics :)

I'm still learning PS, I've been trying to figure out layers for the longest time, I've read numerous tutorials, but it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

For equipment, all I have is an Olympus C-720 and a tripod. I'd like to step to to better equipment (who doesn't?), but I want to hone my skills first.

Thank all for the compliments!

Most reactions

Back