submitting work

tommyshots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All...

I am fairly new to the process of submitting my work to magazines...I'm interested in submitting a couple of fashion stories to some of the music and young adult fashion magazines....but do not know where to begin. Just a couple of questions I would like to ask...

1.what is generally the expected pay for submissions?

2.how do I receive credit? and am I obligated to list/credit hair,make-up and wardrobe stylists?

3.who do I contact to submit my work?

4. is there a certain type of presentation these people look for in selling your work?

thanks for all your help...
Tommyshots:confused:

if i were you i would start out with filler images, which will get them familiar with you. just give them permission to use an image, when their filling up space they may use it.

pay depends on what your giving them! per picture unless your amazing i wouldn't think they would give you much. crediting make-up etc is between you and the make-up etc people. contacting them is easy, call and ask who you need to talk to.

just start trying and you'll figure out what you need to do.

Magazine work on this end is very "have we commissioned you before?" and "your work needs to be amazing". Not to mention on time with captions. The pay is excellent so new photographers rarely get any position.

Concentrate on getting these folks to see your work through your website. Opportunities always come up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back