Subversi0n

I took a stab at it myself....

Subversi0n_04.jpg

Ok I see what you guys are saying but making it that dark was an artistic choice, the band love it and don't want it any brighter, I just feel it's losing its atmosphere when brightened. They are a math metal band so I think keeping it darker than ordinary works.

Probably following this more than anything:

minus the colour differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in that case...

Subversi0n.jpg

Just messing around. :)

Ok I see what you guys are saying but making it that dark was an artistic choice, the band love it and don't want it any brighter, I just feel it's losing its atmosphere when brightened. They are a math metal band so I think keeping it darker than ordinary works.

Ashley, In my opinion the darker overcast matte look works well in video but not as well in still photos. As you mentioned, the band likes the photo which is what ultimately matters. Most here will see the photo and say it is under developed as you have seen. Just a tip, when you post photos with some kind of an artistic choice applied you should mention that along with the posted photo. People are generally looking for proper contrast, saturation, lighting and so on. Any critiques will be more accurate if you mention what you were trying to achieve. :wink:

I definitely like the idea. I understand that you want the picture to have a dark feel to it, but there is a difference between a dark photo and an underexposed one. Underexposing an image does not only make it dark, it also seems to effect the sharpness of the photo. Everything just seems to blend in. There are other ways to make a photo dark without underexposing it. How to achieve that, I really am not sure. lol But I'm sure someone here knows.

the band love it and don't want it any brighter

Then this shot is great. :)

What we were critiquing though is not the overall dark feel. It's how the band is dark in comparison to the rest of the photo, whereas they should be the most properly exposed part since they are the subject.

I thought the pose was great. Their style just doesn't seem to "match" the setting. I think this would have looked cool in a more urban setting that would make the darker look fit more.....

Great expressions on the faces, love that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back