Subway portraits

I usually don't watch videos or links posted up without preview pics, but that was awesome!!! I liked the soft sort of distorted videos in between. People don't get pissed off when you take random pictures of them?

Pretty cool. I enjoyed the still pics; not so much the video parts. Cool job.

That is excellent. You captured some priceless poses and expressions.. I'd like to see more. How do you take discreet pictures? That must be an art form in itself.

I liked it as well. I liked the feeling of movement between the stills but some of the video was sort of odd...like the ladies shoes. Seemed weird. I was really impressed with how many people were ignoring you and wondered if people ever threaten to kick your a**?

stsinner, eyeye, thank you very much! glad you liked it. yeah, i develeped a descreet way of shooting and a good nose for not getting my a** kicked!

Loved it all, videos and pictures. That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Do you often have issues with people getting upset with you for taking their photo? Would you mind sharing your discrete way of taking photos of people?

excellent work by the way. I liked it very much

Yeah, I was wondering how you do it too because when i try to do it without looking into the camera, I miss the shot.

Good stuff though, I like the whole look of it all.

That is excellent. You captured some priceless poses and expressions.. I'd like to see more. How do you take discreet pictures? That must be an art form in itself.

Ever been to a big city? People have worked out a system by which millions of people may be packed densely into a small area and yet never make eye contact with one another.

In my own case, I have been getting the hang of a TLR (Mamiya C330 to put a finer point on it) and find that the waist level finder screws with peoples' sixth sense about having a camera pointing at them. It helps that the C330 looks nothing like what most people think a camera looks like. With a hat on and my head down looking into the finder, I'm just a shadow in the crowd.

The major tradeoff here is this particular camera has no metering in it or anything so you have to be patient to get the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back