Subway

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Subway.jpg

nice. i like the lighting. id like my eyes to be drawn to it even more..i would crop the sides out..
i like your reflection, that makes it even more interesting.

ohhh. i think you were trying to capture the face on the left.?
i can understand that now. but that maybe seems like too much.
if that was your goal then i would maybe crop the right side out and loose some of your reflection.

or do nothing! sorry i think i may be a little to critical.
its great

No! Do nothing! It's great as is. Unconventional, mysterious, magnetic. I like! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I like it, has a certain appeal that draws you to it.

I wouldn't change a thing. There's a 'voyeur' quality about it, that we're seeing what you and the person on the left are looking at.

Ok, I feel like an idiot now.
-*steping up on soap box*-
Isn't everyone here to help each other and share opinions.
I mean.. I like this shot-i think its great-i don't think it "needs" anything.
But I gave every piece of info that I thought about it..
You know... I said what my eyes wanted from that shot.
It is a great shot.
Ibut I feel like many ppl on here are only interested in saying something is great rather than giving a more indepth and specific opinion..
I know that the photos that I've started to post on here are not as good as a lot of the other stuff here.. But all I'm geting is people saying they like it..?
Oook well great and thanks for likeing it that feels good to know I guess.. But I'm not here for a feel good party-i want to get better and I want to be criticized..
And I don't mind sticking my neck out and being open about other peoples work even if I think it is better than mine.
Should I just shut up?
What gives???
-*steping back down*-

Tuna-sorry for doing this on your thread, I needed to get this out somewere.

Ohhh a colour shot from Tuna! I like it but dare I say it's not up to your usual standard?!

Asher, dunno what you're getting upset about?! It's good that you disagree with some about a photo. Photography is like that.

Ok, I feel like an idiot now.
-*steping up on soap box*-
Isn't everyone here to help each other and share opinions.
I mean.. I like this shot-i think its great-i don't think it "needs" anything.
But I gave every piece of info that I thought about it..
You know... I said what my eyes wanted from that shot.
It is a great shot.
Ibut I feel like many ppl on here are only interested in saying something is great rather than giving a more indepth and specific opinion..
I know that the photos that I've started to post on here are not as good as a lot of the other stuff here.. But all I'm geting is people saying they like it..?
Oook well great and thanks for likeing it that feels good to know I guess.. But I'm not here for a feel good party-i want to get better and I want to be criticized..
And I don't mind sticking my neck out and being open about other peoples work even if I think it is better than mine.
Should I just shut up?
What gives???
-*steping back down*-

Tuna-sorry for doing this on your thread, I needed to get this out somewere.

Your comments were very appropriate and said in good spirit. Street style shots are often open to interpretation and cropping suggestions are always good - often reminding the photographer that there may be other directions the image could take.

If I may, in this image I tried various crops but found this to work best. The image is about layers and the removal of any of those layers (the woman on left who leads us to the view in the distance, the part on the right that places us firmly in another place) would, in my view, drastically change the story - and that story is probably slightly different to all viewers to begin with.

And the refelection...it is another layer - another piece of the story. Without the reflection, it is the normal third person view...everything changes.

The reflection is the last realization.

Tuna

Ok, well I don't feel bad about my comments then.
But now i feel dorky for making a deal out of it. I don't know.
I guess I'm just new and not sure what I can get away with here.

Tuna your totaly right about the layers.. That is exactly the path my eyes followed..
I guess my first post should have simply been that: that many layers seems busy.. I think I would simplify it some.

what were your settings for this shot?

its a really great picture!!

what were your settings for this shot?

its a really great picture!!

1/30 @ around 1.7 - 2 (I think...) on Provia100 - metered for the light in the far door.

Tuna

Most reactions

New Topics

Back