Such thing as a wired/wireless flash trigger?

Treymac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joejohnsonphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I`m trying to do a self portrait with a long exposure. What I want to do is be in complete black, set the camera to bulb, shoot at an empty chair for a few-ish seconds, then go and sit on the chair for a few seconds while a flash hits me, then move off the chair, then end the shot. I think this would give a ghosting effect.

But the one problem is having the flash go off when I`m sitting in the chair. Is there such a thing as a flash cable, or wireless flash trigger? I`ve searched the internet, but can`t come up with much.

In complete blackness, there will be no exposure made of the chair...you need at least "some" ambient light (or a very weak flash pop) to form an image of the chair. How about sitting in the chair in a fairly dark room, and setting the camera's self timer and taking a lengthy exposure, say a 10 second exposure at f/11, with the camera's flash set to go off during the exposure at the end, ie, using Second Curtain Synchronization, so that the chair can be empty for the first 8 seconds, and then you just pop onto the chair at the count of 9, and then the flash will fire....maybe that would work out?

You searched the internet for "wireless flash trigger" and didn't come up with much? Sorry, but that's impossible. :lol:

Cactus and Yongnuo triggers on the low end of the dollar scale pretty much anybody can afford, and Radio Poppers and Pocket Wizards on the high end of the dollar scale that will seriously take a bite out of your wallet, and several others in between - your choice.

Google:

wireless flash trigger - Google Search

Most reactions

New Topics

Back