Sudden thought

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been thinking about buying a new webcam and have been looking around various online stores to see what is available.

Then a friend mention something that made me think...

Could I use my little compact sony digicam as a webcam? It is a 3.2 megapixel DSC-P32.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible or if not can anyone suggest an affordable decent quality web cam.. I don't really want to spend over £50 and it would be cool if it had a built in mic.

Ta

I don't know about your camera in particular but I have seen quite a few cheapo "3-in-one" cameras. They take digital still photos (poorly), digital video (poorly) and also act as a web cam.

From what I have seen web cams are cheap like borscht anyway...so it shouldn't set you back too much to try one out.

Like Big Mike said, it depends on the camera. They usually stick the buzzword 'webcam' on the camera somewhere if it's capable. Otherwise, you can get a cheap webcam for around $20 these days. But be warned, you get what you pay for.

Uhh I generally find that if they take video - you can use them as a webcam.

One thing to note - if you are sitting it on top of your monitor- you will need something so that you can position it to point at you, as it doesnt have its own little stand...(Being short myself - when I tried it - mine went straight over my head)

fadingaway1986 said:
Uhh I generally find that if they take video - you can use them as a webcam.

One thing to note - if you are sitting it on top of your monitor- you will need something so that you can position it to point at you, as it doesnt have its own little stand...(Being short myself - when I tried it - mine went straight over my head)

Hehe good tip... thanks guys... I'll see if i can find something that'll turn my cam into a web cam and also keep an eye out for a decent web cam as well....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back