Reaction score
Website
home.casema.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
'Suffering'
Odv4Lj.jpg

C&C welcome

Like the tones in this picture, the look of suffer on her face, but Im not to crazy about the portrait.. *The cut off*

I think your title says it all. I'm liking the tones as well. I kind of wish the light in the background wasn't making that shape and was more even. (although I still think it looks good coming from a single light source if that makes sense)
Also, I'm wondering if a little bit more of a crop from the top and left would help?

I agree the crop is a bit strange although i like the empty space.
The plan was to make a compilation with a second low-body picture but i didn't like the way this turned out.

Tnx for the comments.

tech - Beautiful tones, dof and sharpness.
emotion - :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is the kind of shot I'd give prominence to the subject (probably in a vertical crop), coz there are more details to be read.

agree with the rest of them... very good

Thanks again everyone. I'm going to try some different crops and see what works.

A second shot from this series. I like the first one better to be honest because it it's less soft and has more emotion.
kkYvyJ.jpg

YES I like the first one BETTER because you can see the pain (so to speak) in her eyes and face where here you dont see her face much at all...

good work, i like the first one best.... and i quite like the space. :thumbup:

If "suffering" is the subject, I would choose No. 1.

I also like your idea of the empty space perceived in that picture. Does the original cover more of her body parts vertical wise?

She rests her chin on her hands. Somehow this has invoked in me a slightly different feeling. Some air of contemplative nonchalans, I'd say. I'm not sure on this point though..

tsienni said:
If "suffering" is the subject, I would choose No. 1.

I also like your idea of the empty space perceived in that picture. Does the original cover more of her body parts vertical wise?

She rests her chin on her hands. Somehow this has invoked in me a slightly different feeling. Some air of contemplative nonchalans, I'd say. I'm not sure on this point though..

Nice that you've noticed the resting pose. This is something that bothers me as well.
The idea was to create a feel of just walking into the room where she is sitting and her breaking up her sad thoughts and looking up. I agree that there's too much nonchalans in it.
This is pretty much the original with about 5% cropped of the left and top. But as i explained i was going for a diptych and adding the lower part with a vertical picture. This didn't quit work out so i left it. Also i have different versions with more body in it but in those pictures she's supporting her elbows wich adds even more nonchalans.
Still i agree and the pose & crop bug me as well...

I forgot to say it's a great photo in its own right! Still remember that "Chinese fan" picture, I dig your color & light sensitivity. I think I can learn more from you in future. :)

Most reactions

Back